McIntoch MC240 find

  • wardsweb
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2011
      I have created a photo album showing the progress on a McIntosh MC240 amplifier that a friend of mine had in his shed. It is from around 1962 and has been neglected for years. It was rusted, very dirty and even had dirt dauber mud nests in it.

      Some heavy duty cleaning and the inside looked much better. It's all there and all original.

      At a later date, I may opt to do a full rebuild and replace the chassis with a new chrome one. For now, I'll get it looking decent and operational.

      I bead blasted the chassis to remove the rust and flaky chrome. Then some primer before paint. I'm going to paint the chassis and base semi-gloss black and the transformers a dark red or burgundy (think automotive paint).

      The base in the picture is already done with Krylon lacquer and I polished the emblem.