- I had a very nice time over at David's last night. Three hours just flew by before I had to leave. Funny how works just gets in the way of the stuff I really want to do. LOL
Anyway, David you have some great speakers there. It will be tough to narrow them down, but like I said, it really will depend on how you hear it and which appeal to you the most. Remember the only person who has to like your stereo is you.
There are many roads to audio nirvana. While the ultimate goal may be the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride. Its audio, have some fun.
- Luther,It was great hanging out last night and listening to tunes with you. Thanks again for all the helpful insights, impressions and advice. You really helped me to recognize the unique characteristics of the different speakers we heard. that will really help me in making a decision on which set to keep.I've already gotten to work on the room treatment placement we spoke about and the room is sounding much better. I'll shoot a picture to show you the progress.I look forward to getting by your place for some more tunes.
- Great afternoon guys. Four hours seem to fly by. Thanks Alan, Gene, Bob, John and John. At least, that's what I think your names are. I'm horrible with names. Anyway, glad you all could make it over. I really enjoyed playing all the different systems, the different music and even the home theater demo. Needless to say, there are many roads to nirvana. Big or small, high power or flea power, bookshelf or floorstander, new or old, DIY or store, vinyl or digital, server or iPod; they all sound nice. Different yes, better is subjective. Remember the only person who has to like your system is you.
Thanks again guys, we'll have to do this more often. See you at the next meet at Bjorns on July 16th.
- Thanks Luther for being a great host. I really had a wonderful timelistening to some wonderful music on all your great systems. Reallygot a thrill out of hearing your home theater system with its monstoroussub woofer. We heard something by a group called ?? Take Take? Could yougive me some particulars on them. Till next timeAlan
- Alan that was "Talk Talk". The album is Spirit of Eden. You may get up to speed on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Eden
I do enjoy sharing this hobby, passion, obsession.
--- In email@example.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:
> Thanks Luther for being a great host. I really had a wonderful time
> listening to some wonderful music on all your great systems. Really
> got a thrill out of hearing your home theater system with its monstorous
> sub woofer. We heard something by a group called ?? Take Take? Could you
> give me some particulars on them. Till next time
- Thanks again for a fun listening session, Luther!
It was a treat hearing Talk Talk on the big rig. I just realized that I do have a copy of the "Spirit of Eden" SACD -- I'll be sure to bring it next time. (That's if I don't sell it for $400!)
> Alan that was "Talk Talk". The album is Spirit of Eden. You may get up to speed on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_of_Eden
> I do enjoy sharing this hobby, passion, obsession.
- Hi Greg, I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the time I spent on Saturday with you and the guys (and the cool tube amps). I know it's been said before, but I will say it again: it is sooo great to have a group like ours to enjoy the hobby we are passionate about. We truly have wonderful people in the RCA'S. Please let your wife know that I loved her food and hospitality. My only regret is that I could not have stayed longer.Thanks again,Frank