Re: Mini Meeting at Bob's House

  • vintagehifisteve
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
      Count me in, Bob!

      -Steven Z

      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <godzilla56@...> wrote:

      > RCAS members are invited to a "mini" meeting at my house at 1pm on 21 April. I would like to limit it to the first four members who respond. If there is sufficient interest I can schedule a second meeting a few weeks later. The main attraction would be my new Sonus-Faber Ellipsa XE speakers. They are a new model using much of the technology from their top of the line Stradivarius speaker (including the same tweeter. I bought the speakers a few months ago and have been breaking them in. Anyway, hope to hear from you guys. Bob

    • Matt Solorio
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
        Robert, please put me down for the 21st or the researve list if you are filled up. Thank you. ---Matt

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012

          Hi Matt. Your on the list! Can you bring cookies :)
          Bob

          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
            Your on the list Don. They sound pretty good. I know they are not fully broken in, but Im anxious for others to see/hear them as well.
            Bob

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
              Hi Stecve, Glad to hear from you, your on the list.
              Bob

            • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
                ---- Robert <godzilla56@...> wrote:
                > RCAS members are invited to a "mini" meeting at my house at 1pm on 21 April. I would like to limit it to the first four members who respond. If there is sufficient interest I can schedule a second meeting a few weeks later. The main attraction would be my new Sonus-Faber Ellipsa XE speakers. They are a new model using much of the technology from their top of the line Stradivarius speaker (including the same tweeter. I bought the speakers a few months ago and have been breaking them in. Anyway, hope to hear from you guys. Bob

                Hi, Bob:

                If you still have a slot, I would love to hear them! I want to see if they sound as good as my new Airmotiv 4 powered studio monitors!

                Don
              • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
                  Great! How do they compare to your Focals?
                  See you then.
                  Don
                  ---- Robert Guerin <godzilla56@...> wrote:
                  > Your on the list Don. They sound pretty good. I know they are not fully broken
                  > in, but Im anxious for others to see/hear them as well.

                • Matt Solorio
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 10, 2012
                    Bob, absolutly!

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 11, 2012
                      Hi Bob,

                      Count me in of there's still room. Thanks!

                      Ulises.
                    • david weil
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 11, 2012
                        Hello Bob, I'd love to check out your new set as well. Is there any room left?

                        David Weil

                        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                        From: godzilla56@...
                        Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:43:07 +0000

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 11, 2012
                          Hi ulises.  Ok, your on the list. Ill be sending out my address & gate codes next week.
                          See you soon.
                          Bob

                          Sent from my iPad

                          On Apr 11, 2012, at 7:03, "Ulises A Hubbard" <uhubbard@...> wrote:

                          Hi Bob,

                          Count me in of there's still room. Thanks!

                          Ulises.

                          =
                        • noflatsnosharps
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 11, 2012
                            Hey Bob. I too would like to go and listen to the speakers. I would be willing to bring some ice cream too.
                            Lee Moreno

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 22, 2012
                              Bob, great mini meeting! I agree with Ulises. The speakers are stunning both to look at and listen to. This meeting and all of the past mini meets so far have been enjoyable.

                              Again, it was a great meeting. Thank you for hosting.

                              ---Matt