Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Blu Ray/DVD Hi Res Recordings (FLAC)

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2012
      Hi, Bob:

      Are you familiar with the “superdisc” mod for your 93 which allows it to play all region DVD’s?  Although you can buy the disc for a small fee on eBay I believe, you can also download it for free if you Google that word.  It is a small program that you run from a thumb drive and makes the player region free; it does not work for Blu-rays, however.

      Don

      Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:48 PM
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Blu Ray/DVD Hi Res Recordings (FLAC)

      I upgraded my home theater player to the Oppo 93 several months ago. I also have an 83 model that is modded for all region dvds. Both Oppos are mainly for blu rays but i wanted to try the HD tracks FLAC files just for fun. In my main system i am using an Olive4 music server for the hi res music which I transfer via my ethernet. But i still want physical media for the albums i download.
      Bob

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 28, 2012, at 19:01, "Don  Disbennett" <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

      Bob:

      It just hit me:  when did you get an Oppo 93???  Is this something new or have you had it awhile?  Anyway, welcome to the “club” and hope you are enjoying the Oppo.  Glad to hear the disc worked out the way you wanted it.  A Blu-ray should hold about six times as many files assuming you were using a 4.7 gb DVD and a 30 gb Blu-ray disc, but both come in several sizes, so it depends on which two you are comparing.
      Let me know how it works out.

      Don