Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] SACD sale at Half Price Books

  • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
      Thanks, Alan and Paul. That was my impression, that they were mixed in with the redbook cd's. However, since they have a much smaller selection of classical cd's than other genre's, it might be feasible to look over their classical section here for any SACD's mixed in. With popular titles (rock, pop, jazz), I just don't have the time to go through them. Also, I have had some problems ripping their redbook cd's due to scratches; my program has difficulty making a bit perfect copy due the scratches, even though my Oppo will play them due to its excellent defect tracking ability. And of course, it is very difficult to rip SACD's and I guess I am getting lazy about getting up and finding a disc and putting it in the player.

      Don