Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Updates and thoughts from John for 2012 and beyond.

Expand Messages
  • ksboudro
    I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural year in 2011.

      *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.

      In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:


      1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)

      1.1 February 2012 mini meets—Place = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
      1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
      1.3 April 2012 mini meet—Place = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
      1.4 May 2012 mini meet—Place Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
      1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic = possibly a vendor demo.
      1.6 July 2012 mini meet—Place=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
      1.7 August 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
      1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
      1.9 October 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
      1.10 November 2012 mini meet—Place=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
      1.11 December 2012 Christmas Party—Place =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!

      2. Dues for 2012.
      2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
      2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
      2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag and shirt will be $10.00.
      2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.

      3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
      3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.

      4. New member drive.
      4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.

      5. Meetings.
      5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
      5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
      5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
      5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.

      6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
      6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.

      7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
      7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.

      8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
      8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.

      9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
      9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.

      Happy Listening,
      John
    • noflatsnosharps
      John, All great points. Thanks for the time you are putting toward the group. I agree with your point -- 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching. 6.1 We all
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        John,
        All great points. Thanks for the time you are putting toward the group. I agree with your point --

        6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
        6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one
        aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information
        with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything
        is worthy from trivia to esoterica.

        I have been in and out of this hobby since the mid 70's. Still trying to understand the digital audio realm. Never have been into the "tube" aspect of this hobby. Would love to be able to fix an Onkyo Integra stereo amp, 165 per channel. Don't know where to start but would appreciate a knowledgeable and patient tutor.

        Facebook I think would be the way to go. Doing this would make it easier to contact and reach out to manufacturers and the traffic on the internet. Privacy would be a major consideration, something to discuss in a meeting of the group.

        Lee



        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@...> wrote:
        >
        > I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural year in 2011.
        >
        > *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.
        >
        > In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:
        >
        >
        > 1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)
        >
        > 1.1 February 2012 mini meets—Place = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
        > 1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
        > 1.3 April 2012 mini meet—Place = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
        > 1.4 May 2012 mini meet—Place Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
        > 1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic = possibly a vendor demo.
        > 1.6 July 2012 mini meet—Place=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
        > 1.7 August 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
        > 1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
        > 1.9 October 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
        > 1.10 November 2012 mini meet—Place=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
        > 1.11 December 2012 Christmas Party—Place =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!
        >
        > 2. Dues for 2012.
        > 2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
        > 2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
        > 2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag and shirt will be $10.00.
        > 2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.
        >
        > 3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
        > 3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.
        >
        > 4. New member drive.
        > 4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.
        >
        > 5. Meetings.
        > 5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
        > 5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
        > 5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
        > 5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.
        >
        > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
        > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
        >
        > 7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
        > 7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.
        >
        > 8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
        > 8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.
        >
        > 9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
        > 9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.
        >
        > Happy Listening,
        > John
        >
      • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
        Hello RCA s: I agree with MOST everything Lee said, except I do not want the group to move to Facebook. I was on Facebook for a while and found it silly,
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello RCA's:

          I agree with MOST everything Lee said, except I do not want the group to move to Facebook. I was on Facebook for a while and found it silly, trite and, at times troublesome. We are already on Yahoo and as far as I know,it has worked well for everyone I have spoken to. We have all our photographs of all of our official and mini-meetings already posted on Yahoo and, I assume, would need to move them all to the new location. I am not saying the club can't be improved, but speaking just for myself, I think we had a great first year; I learned a lot. I do agree with John that we cannot continue to rely on John and Bob to do all the work. My experience with other organizations like RCA's is that 10% of the members do 90% of the work and the majority will sit back and allow that to continue indefinitely. We all need to chip in and contribute in some way to our club since we all have unique talents and experience in many different aspects of this fascinating hobby we call Audio.

          Don
          ---- noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...> wrote:
          > John,
          > All great points. Thanks for the time you are putting toward the group. I agree with your point --
          >
          > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
          > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one
          > aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information
          > with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything
          > is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
          >
          > I have been in and out of this hobby since the mid 70's. Still trying to understand the digital audio realm. Never have been into the "tube" aspect of this hobby. Would love to be able to fix an Onkyo Integra stereo amp, 165 per channel. Don't know where to start but would appreciate a knowledgeable and patient tutor.
          >
          > Facebook I think would be the way to go. Doing this would make it easier to contact and reach out to manufacturers and the traffic on the internet. Privacy would be a major consideration, something to discuss in a meeting of the group.
          >
          > Lee
          >
          >
          >
          > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural year in 2011.
          > >
          > > *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.
          > >
          > > In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:
          > >
          > >
          > > 1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)
          > >
          > > 1.1 February 2012 mini meets—Place = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
          > > 1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
          > > 1.3 April 2012 mini meet—Place = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
          > > 1.4 May 2012 mini meet—Place Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
          > > 1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic = possibly a vendor demo.
          > > 1.6 July 2012 mini meet—Place=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
          > > 1.7 August 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
          > > 1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
          > > 1.9 October 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
          > > 1.10 November 2012 mini meet—Place=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
          > > 1.11 December 2012 Christmas Party—Place =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!
          > >
          > > 2. Dues for 2012.
          > > 2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
          > > 2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
          > > 2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag and shirt will be $10.00.
          > > 2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.
          > >
          > > 3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
          > > 3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.
          > >
          > > 4. New member drive.
          > > 4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.
          > >
          > > 5. Meetings.
          > > 5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
          > > 5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
          > > 5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
          > > 5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.
          > >
          > > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
          > > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
          > >
          > > 7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
          > > 7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.
          > >
          > > 8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
          > > 8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.
          > >
          > > 9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
          > > 9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.
          > >
          > > Happy Listening,
          > > John
          > >
          >
          >
        • Joseph Bohan
          Like Don, I tried Facebook and found it too time consuming. Posts from friends of friends on my page. Bull_ _ _ _ ! Cancelled it. I don t mind volunteering,
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 10, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            Like Don, I tried Facebook and found it too time consuming. Posts from friends of friends on my page. Bull_ _ _ _ ! Cancelled it. I don't mind volunteering, but I don't feel all that smart that I should be teaching. I can solder and I know a bit about vacuum tubes and enjoy building kits and have made my own cables.    Joe Bohan

            From: "ddisbennett@..." <ddisbennett@...>
            To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
            Cc: noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...>
            Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 4:06 PM
            Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Updates and thoughts from John for 2012 and beyond.

             
            Hello RCA's:

            I agree with MOST everything Lee said, except I do not want the group to move to Facebook. I was on Facebook for a while and found it silly, trite and, at times troublesome. We are already on Yahoo and as far as I know,it has worked well for everyone I have spoken to. We have all our photographs of all of our official and mini-meetings already posted on Yahoo and, I assume, would need to move them all to the new location. I am not saying the club can't be improved, but speaking just for myself, I think we had a great first year; I learned a lot. I do agree with John that we cannot continue to rely on John and Bob to do all the work. My experience with other organizations like RCA's is that 10% of the members do 90% of the work and the majority will sit back and allow that to continue indefinitely. We all need to chip in and contribute in some way to our club since we all have unique talents and experience in many different aspects of this fascinating hobby we call Audio.

            Don
            ---- noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...> wrote:
            > John,
            > All great points. Thanks for the time you are putting toward the group. I agree with your point --
            >
            > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
            > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one
            > aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information
            > with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything
            > is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
            >
            > I have been in and out of this hobby since the mid 70's. Still trying to understand the digital audio realm. Never have been into the "tube" aspect of this hobby. Would love to be able to fix an Onkyo Integra stereo amp, 165 per
            channel. Don't know where to start but would appreciate a knowledgeable and patient tutor.
            >
            > Facebook I think would be the way to go. Doing this would make it easier to contact and reach out to manufacturers and the traffic on the internet. Privacy would be a major consideration, something to discuss in a meeting of the group.
            >
            > Lee
            >
            >
            >
            > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural
            year in 2011.
            > >
            > > *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.
            > >
            > > In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:
            > >
            > >
            > > 1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)
            > >
            > > 1.1 February 2012 mini meetsPlace = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
            > > 1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
            > > 1.3 April 2012 mini meetPlace = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
            > > 1.4 May 2012 mini meetPlace Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
            > > 1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic =
            possibly a vendor demo.
            > > 1.6 July 2012 mini meetPlace=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
            > > 1.7 August 2012 mini meetPlace =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
            > > 1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
            > > 1.9 October 2012 mini meetPlace =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
            > > 1.10 November 2012 mini meetPlace=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
            > > 1.11 December 2012 Christmas PartyPlace =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!
            > >
            > > 2. Dues for 2012.
            > > 2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
            > > 2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
            > > 2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name
            tag and shirt will be $10.00.
            > > 2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.
            > >
            > > 3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
            > > 3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.
            > >
            > > 4. New member drive.
            > > 4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.
            > >
            > > 5. Meetings.
            > > 5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
            > > 5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
            > > 5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
            > > 5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.
            > >
            > > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
            > > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
            > >
            > > 7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
            > > 7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.
            > >
            > > 8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
            > > 8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.
            > >
            > > 9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
            > > 9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home
            performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.
            > >
            > > Happy Listening,
            > > John
            > >
            >
            >



          • pkaragas
            Here s my 2 cents worth: I also agree with spreading the club duties and operation among all the members, the idea of teaching some hobby related skills is
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 11, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              Here's my 2 cents worth: I also agree with spreading the club duties and operation among all the members, the idea of teaching some hobby
              related skills is especially interesting. I would also agree with some of the earlier comments about moving all RCAs club posts to facebook would not be a positive thing, as I've found facebook to be a boring, childish joke and after only a week, I swore off of it for good. Security on facebook would be a big problem since thieves are known to lurk there and I for one don't care to share with them or 1 billion others that I have such an expensive hobby with valuable gear sitting at my home. I don't have the time to keep ahead and "opting out" of facebook's changing and never ending ways of "sharing" and violating my privacy! Yahoo has worked well enough for me... Paul
              --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, <ddisbennett@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello RCA's:
              >
              > I agree with MOST everything Lee said, except I do not want the group to move to Facebook. I was on Facebook for a while and found it silly, trite and, at times troublesome. We are already on Yahoo and as far as I know,it has worked well for everyone I have spoken to. We have all our photographs of all of our official and mini-meetings already posted on Yahoo and, I assume, would need to move them all to the new location. I am not saying the club can't be improved, but speaking just for myself, I think we had a great first year; I learned a lot. I do agree with John that we cannot continue to rely on John and Bob to do all the work. My experience with other organizations like RCA's is that 10% of the members do 90% of the work and the majority will sit back and allow that to continue indefinitely. We all need to chip in and contribute in some way to our club since we all have unique talents and experience in many different aspects of this fascinating hobby we call Audio.
              >
              > Don
              > ---- noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...> wrote:
              > > John,
              > > All great points. Thanks for the time you are putting toward the group. I agree with your point --
              > >
              > > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
              > > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one
              > > aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information
              > > with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything
              > > is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
              > >
              > > I have been in and out of this hobby since the mid 70's. Still trying to understand the digital audio realm. Never have been into the "tube" aspect of this hobby. Would love to be able to fix an Onkyo Integra stereo amp, 165 per channel. Don't know where to start but would appreciate a knowledgeable and patient tutor.
              > >
              > > Facebook I think would be the way to go. Doing this would make it easier to contact and reach out to manufacturers and the traffic on the internet. Privacy would be a major consideration, something to discuss in a meeting of the group.
              > >
              > > Lee
              > >
              > >
              > >
              > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural year in 2011.
              > > >
              > > > *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.
              > > >
              > > > In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > 1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)
              > > >
              > > > 1.1 February 2012 mini meets—Place = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
              > > > 1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
              > > > 1.3 April 2012 mini meet—Place = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
              > > > 1.4 May 2012 mini meet—Place Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
              > > > 1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic = possibly a vendor demo.
              > > > 1.6 July 2012 mini meet—Place=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
              > > > 1.7 August 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
              > > > 1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
              > > > 1.9 October 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
              > > > 1.10 November 2012 mini meet—Place=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
              > > > 1.11 December 2012 Christmas Party—Place =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!
              > > >
              > > > 2. Dues for 2012.
              > > > 2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
              > > > 2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
              > > > 2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag and shirt will be $10.00.
              > > > 2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.
              > > >
              > > > 3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
              > > > 3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.
              > > >
              > > > 4. New member drive.
              > > > 4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.
              > > >
              > > > 5. Meetings.
              > > > 5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
              > > > 5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
              > > > 5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
              > > > 5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.
              > > >
              > > > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
              > > > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
              > > >
              > > > 7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
              > > > 7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.
              > > >
              > > > 8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
              > > > 8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.
              > > >
              > > > 9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
              > > > 9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.
              > > >
              > > > Happy Listening,
              > > > John
              > > >
              > >
              > >
              >
            • bohan.joseph
              Dear John ( pun intended ): To what address should I send my 2012 RCAS dues payment? And how should the Pay To The Order Of line read? Joe Bohan
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 11, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                Dear John ( pun intended ): To what address should I send my 2012 RCAS dues payment? And how should the" Pay To The Order Of" line read? Joe Bohan

                --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@...> wrote:
                >
                > I woke up today and it was already Super bowl time. It feels unreal that just yesterday I was trying to get through the Christmas Holidays and the Super bowl was far, far away in a distant time. Now it's the day after and the Giants have done it again. Thank you to all RCAS members for a successful inaugural year in 2011.
                >
                > *I have not heard back from Luther as I write this blog so my best thoughts go out to Luther and for his finger to completely heal asp.
                >
                > In this blog I would like to try to cover the following subjects in order have a bang up 2012 season:
                >
                >
                > 1. Tentative schedule of events for 2012: (Please follow the website for possible changes)
                >
                > 1.1 February 2012 mini meets—Place = Matt S. @ 1pm 2-11-12, 4 members and @1pm 2-25- 12 4 members. Please contact Bob G. for reservations.
                > 1.2 March 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 3-17-12, Topic to be determined (TBD).
                > 1.3 April 2012 mini meet—Place = TBD, @ 1pm, date TBD, topic= digital streaming setup workshop.
                > 1.4 May 2012 mini meet—Place Bob G. @ 1pm, date TBD, topic TBD.
                > 1.5 June 2012 Quarterly meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 6-16-12, topic = possibly a vendor demo.
                > 1.6 July 2012 mini meet—Place=John S. @ 1pm, 7-21-12, topic = reasonably sure that I will have something new to demo.
                > 1.7 August 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 8-18-12, topic =TBD.
                > 1.8 September 2012 Quarterly Meeting @ Bjorn's 1pm, 9-15-12, topic =TBD
                > 1.9 October 2012 mini meet—Place =TBD, 1pm, 10-20-12, topic=TBD.
                > 1.10 November 2012 mini meet—Place=TBD, 1pm, 11-17-12, topic =TBD.
                > 1.11 December 2012 Christmas Party—Place =Bob G., date=TBD, topic =Merriment & Music!
                >
                > 2. Dues for 2012.
                > 2.1 Dues for new members will be $45.00 which will include a golf shirt with RCAS logo ($25.00), a name tag ($10.00), and ($10.00 for RCAS administrative overhead).
                > 2.2 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag, but no shirt will be $35.00.
                > 2.3 Dues for returning members who already have a name tag and shirt will be $10.00.
                > 2.4 Please contact me via email for the address to send the check to.
                >
                > 3. Should we continue on Yahoo groups or switch over to Facebook?
                > 3.1 Let's discuss the advantages / disadvantages of Yahoo vs. Facebook for our club. Please blog with your opinions.
                >
                > 4. New member drive.
                > 4.1 To insure our future as an ongoing Audio Society let's all agree this year for each member to bring in one new member.
                >
                > 5. Meetings.
                > 5.1 We need help with new topic ideas for the meetings. Please blog about your ideas for future meetings.
                > 5.2 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on the format?
                > 5.3 Are the meetings in need of tweaking on length?
                > 5.4 Any other positive input on how to make the meetings better and more fun for all interests and taste's in audio.
                >
                > 6. Volunteers for sharing/teaching.
                > 6.1 We all individually are probably pretty knowledgeable about at least one aspect of this great hobby. Let's start volunteering to share that information with the rest of the club. The universe on this should be limitless. Anything is worthy from trivia to esoterica.
                >
                > 7. Scams/viral attacks on our website.
                > 7.1 The bad guys almost got us. If any member has prevention expertise in this area, please help.
                >
                > 8. Grooming two rotating members for 2013 and onwards to run the meetings/events.
                > 8.1 Bob and I fully expect to be around for a long time, but it would be wonderful if two different members each year would start taking care of the meetings, events, communications, and dues collecting.
                >
                > 9. Mini meet concert/performance in the home.
                > 9.1 We are trying hard to have at least one in home performance this year. If there is a performer that you would like to recommend, please let us know.
                >
                > Happy Listening,
                > John
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.