Re: ARC Re Tube Help...

  • Steve Surbaugh
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      MM,

      Yeah, I bought the tubes from Jim McShane  http://www.mcshanedesign.net/ . Should be here tomorrow.
      He's got good reviews on Audiogon. I'm trying the new Tungsol 6550s and Genelax 6922s. He's very familiar with ARC gear and tube amps in general.

      I spoke with ARC and they gave great advice as always and faxed over the re-tube instructions. Looking forward to the new tubes. I have over 4,000 hours on the Sventlanas right now.

      I should have re-tubed it earlier but didn't get around to it. I had an ARC Classic 30 years ago that needed re-tubing and just one day a tube blew and took out a couple of resistors.....

      Steve Surbaugh