Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: One man's old stuff is a another man's new toy.

    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
      You're welcome. I can't guess what they were thinking,either.

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
        Did u get it Alan? Sorry I didn't get back to u, the day got quite hectic.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 25, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:

        Erick
             just went to the site and do not see the free download you are talking about
        Are you sure?
        Alan

        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
          Don, getting back to you on your question regarding the shorting caps.

          Cannot do better than Joseph already has regarding a concise explanation of their purpose, however I can add that I like what they do in my system. I was careful not to put them on any of the outputs accidentally. I used the non-shorting variety that Joseph mentioned on all the outputs just for shakes. I do not know whether the non-shorting caps do anything significant. That said, it is my perception they do not hurt.

          (Additionally, I added shorting caps with 75ohm resistors to all the unused digital outs. I like wht they do also.)

          If you find an answer for why your NAD would use shorting caps on the tape inputs only please post. I would be interested. Thank you. --Matt

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
            Erick,
            Yes I did
            Thank you
            Alan

            What exactly is the purpose of the RCA caps?  I just purchased a new NAD C-375BEE integrated amp. and it apparently has shorting caps on the RCA tape inputs for some reason.  The manual doesn’t even mention these caps and this is the first piece of gear that I have ever purchased which has such a thing, so I am at a bit of a loss as to their purpose.
            Thanks and Merry Christmas to all my fellow RCA club members!

            Don

          • Michael Woods
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
              While in Minneapolis, MN I picked up a 54lb NEC dual mono integrated off craigslist. It is an NEC A-10ii. Can't wait to get it home to hook it up.

              -Michael

              I know several member picked up some "new to them" stuff at the Christmas party swap meet. Anyone still looking for something maybe another member may sell? Anyone already bought their own toy for Christmas?

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
                This one? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/2733827220.html

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 27, 2011
                  yep