Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: One man's old stuff is a another man's new toy.

    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
      Erick
           just went to the site and do not see the free download you are talking about
      Are you sure?
      Alan

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
        Hi, Joe:

        Thanks for the explanation; that certainly makes sense, but you wonder why more manufacturers don’t supply them for their RCA inputs?  It is also strange that on my new NAD integrated amp, they only put them on the Tape 1 inputs; all the other inputs (all RCA’s) do not have them and since they are all line level inputs, it would seem  they would all be equally susceptible to the kind of noise/interference you spoke of.
        Anyway, thanks for the clear, concise explanation of the concept.
        Don

        Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:13 PM

        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
          Hi, Erick:

          Thanks for sharing this free album; I am downloading it now.  It seems a bit strange that I didn’t receive this offer directly from HDTracks since I have been a customer of theirs for quite a while.  Anyway, I appreciate your sharing this with your fellow RCA members.
          Merry Christmas!

          Don

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
            You and me both Don!
            Merry Christmas from cold california!
            Bob

            Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
              Hi, Alan:

              Yeah, it’s a bit confusing.  Just click on the link in Erick’s message and it will take you directly to the album being offered.  However, it will show the regular price and once you click on the “Buy Album” button and get to the Checkout, you will enter the Discount Code in Erick’s message (I almost missed it) and then it will subtract the entire price of the album so that your total cost is $0.00.  I have just listened to a few minutes of it, but sounds pretty good so far; I downloaded the 24/48 version instead of the 16/44 version(both are free).
              Merry Christmas!

              Don

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 25, 2011
                You're welcome. I can't guess what they were thinking,either.

                Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 9:13 PM

[...]

              • Erick Matta

                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
                    Don, getting back to you on your question regarding the shorting caps.

                    Cannot do better than Joseph already has regarding a concise explanation of their purpose, however I can add that I like what they do in my system. I was careful not to put them on any of the outputs accidentally. I used the non-shorting variety that Joseph mentioned on all the outputs just for shakes. I do not know whether the non-shorting caps do anything significant. That said, it is my perception they do not hurt.

                    (Additionally, I added shorting caps with 75ohm resistors to all the unused digital outs. I like wht they do also.)

                    If you find an answer for why your NAD would use shorting caps on the tape inputs only please post. I would be interested. Thank you. --Matt

                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
                      Erick,
                      Yes I did
                      Thank you
                      Alan

                      What exactly is the purpose of the RCA caps?  I just purchased a new NAD C-375BEE integrated amp. and it apparently has shorting caps on the RCA tape inputs for some reason.  The manual doesn’t even mention these caps and this is the first piece of gear that I have ever purchased which has such a thing, so I am at a bit of a loss as to their purpose.
                      Thanks and Merry Christmas to all my fellow RCA club members!

                      Don

                    • Michael Woods
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
                        While in Minneapolis, MN I picked up a 54lb NEC dual mono integrated off craigslist. It is an NEC A-10ii. Can't wait to get it home to hook it up.

                        -Michael

                        I know several member picked up some "new to them" stuff at the Christmas party swap meet. Anyone still looking for something maybe another member may sell? Anyone already bought their own toy for Christmas?

                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 26, 2011
                          This one? http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/2733827220.html

                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 27, 2011
                            yep