Happy Holidays & 2011 Christmas Party Information from John

  • ksboudro
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2011
      Happy Holidays to all RCA'S,

      Our first year is drawing to a close and it sure has gone by fast. Since the first inaugural meeting at Bjorn's in January I have learned more about audio in one year than I have in the past 5 years. I thought of myself as computer audio challenged but a year later here I am up and running on Apple itunes and am about to blast forward with Media Monkey and HD tracks. I hope my credit card can stand the strain. My hearty thanks to each and every member who has pitched in this year with their, insightful information, evaluations, participation, equipment demonstrations, and most of all their time. Let's have an even bigger and better year in 2012.

      I look forward to finishing out 2011 with a fun & music filled Christmas party on December 3rd from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm at my home. The general area is Kyle Seale and 1604 or La Canterra & 1604.
      Please RSVP either on the Yahoo Groups.Com Website (Rivercityaudiosociety) or to my email which is on the Yahoo Groups website:

      1. Attendance (food and beverages will be provided, so please let me know how many)
      2. Buy, Sell, and Trade Audio gear during the party (please let me know what you are bringing in order to set up enough tables for display)

      **After receiving your RSVP I will email you the invitation which has the address and gate code. Members who have already notified me at the meetings about attending will be receiving their invites in the next couple of days. Those members please still RSVP me on any equipment for the buy, sell, and trade.

      I empathize with you on how busy it is during the holidays, but please try to make it to enjoy socializing with your fellow RCAS and to check out the newest and latest equipment which will be at the party!!!

      1. Never before seen speakers from Italy!
      2. The latest 32 bit Sabre Dac with Asynchronous ability built in.
      3. Latest tube preamp from?
      4. Latest Home Theater receiver with built in Apple Airplay.
      5. And more from other members.

      Happy Holidays,
      John Schurman
      Co-Founder
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 25, 2011
        All:

        I plan on attending (alone). I don't think I will be bringing any equipment to sell.
        I look forward to seeing all of you; be there or be square (or flat).

        Don

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@...> wrote:

        > Happy Holidays to all RCA'S,
        >
        > Our first year is drawing to a close and it sure has gone by fast. Since the first inaugural meeting at Bjorn's in January I have learned more about audio in one year than I have in the past 5 years. I thought of myself as computer audio challenged but a year later here I am up and running on Apple itunes and am about to blast forward with Media Monkey and HD tracks. I hope my credit card can stand the strain. My hearty thanks to each and every member who has pitched in this year with their, insightful information, evaluations, participation, equipment demonstrations, and most of all their time. Let's have an even bigger and better year in 2012.
        >
        > I look forward to finishing out 2011 with a fun & music filled Christmas party on December 3rd from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm at my home. The general area is Kyle Seale and 1604 or La Canterra & 1604.
        > Please RSVP either on the Yahoo Groups.Com Website (Rivercityaudiosociety) or to my email which is on the Yahoo Groups website:
        >
        > 1. Attendance (food and beverages will be provided, so please let me know how many)
        > 2. Buy, Sell, and Trade Audio gear during the party (please let me know what you are bringing in order to set up enough tables for display)
        >
        > **After receiving your RSVP I will email you the invitation which has the address and gate code. Members who have already notified me at the meetings about attending will be receiving their invites in the next couple of days. Those members please still RSVP me on any equipment for the buy, sell, and trade.
        >
        > I empathize with you on how busy it is during the holidays, but please try to make it to enjoy socializing with your fellow RCAS and to check out the newest and latest equipment which will be at the party!!!
        >
        > 1. Never before seen speakers from Italy!
        > 2. The latest 32 bit Sabre Dac with Asynchronous ability built in.
        > 3. Latest tube preamp from?
        > 4. Latest Home Theater receiver with built in Apple Airplay.
        > 5. And more from other members.
        >
        > Happy Holidays,
        > John Schurman
        > Co-Founder

      • thudeets
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
          John, I will be there. I plan to bring one: Charysse (spouse).
          Hoping to further add to what will no doubt be a fun party, I can contribute a used Definitive technology center channel speaker, mid-fi interconnects for stereo, component video, digital coax, etc., and a used Sony touch screen universal remote for the tables. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

          ---Matt

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2011
            Count me in! I'm looking forward to it. It will be me and Diana, my wife. I don't know if I'll take anything to sell. All I can think of is a set of the infamous "white van" speakers I have, but I don't think anybody from this group would want them... having said that, it would be very interesting to compare those "white van" speakers with some really nice and high end speakers one of these days!
          • Jim
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
              John:

              I'll be there as well.

              The item I'll bring is an HDMI to Ethernet device. Thanks!

              Jim Clements

              --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "thudeets" <thudeets@...> wrote:

              > John, I will be there. I plan to bring one: Charysse (spouse).
              > Hoping to further add to what will no doubt be a fun party, I can contribute a used Definitive technology center channel speaker, mid-fi interconnects for stereo, component video, digital coax, etc., and a used Sony touch screen universal remote for the tables. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
              >
              > ---Matt
              >
              > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "ksboudro" <ksboudro@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Happy Holidays to all RCA'S,
              > >
              > > Our first year is drawing to a close and it sure has gone by fast. Since the first inaugural meeting at Bjorn's in January I have learned more about audio in one year than I have in the past 5 years. I thought of myself as computer audio challenged but a year later here I am up and running on Apple itunes and am about to blast forward with Media Monkey and HD tracks. I hope my credit card can stand the strain. My hearty thanks to each and every member who has pitched in this year with their, insightful information, evaluations, participation, equipment demonstrations, and most of all their time. Let's have an even bigger and better year in 2012.
              > >
              > > I look forward to finishing out 2011 with a fun & music filled Christmas party on December 3rd from 12:30 pm to 5:30 pm at my home. The general area is Kyle Seale and 1604 or La Canterra & 1604.
              > > Please RSVP either on the Yahoo Groups.Com Website (Rivercityaudiosociety) or to my email which is on the Yahoo Groups website:
              > >
              > > 1. Attendance (food and beverages will be provided, so please let me know how many)
              > > 2. Buy, Sell, and Trade Audio gear during the party (please let me know what you are bringing in order to set up enough tables for display)
              > >
              > > **After receiving your RSVP I will email you the invitation which has the address and gate code. Members who have already notified me at the meetings about attending will be receiving their invites in the next couple of days. Those members please still RSVP me on any equipment for the buy, sell, and trade.
              > >
              > > I empathize with you on how busy it is during the holidays, but please try to make it to enjoy socializing with your fellow RCAS and to check out the newest and latest equipment which will be at the party!!!
              > >
              > > 1. Never before seen speakers from Italy!
              > > 2. The latest 32 bit Sabre Dac with Asynchronous ability built in.
              > > 3. Latest tube preamp from?
              > > 4. Latest Home Theater receiver with built in Apple Airplay.
              > > 5. And more from other members.
              > >
              > > Happy Holidays,
              > > John Schurman
              > > Co-Founder

            • noflatsnosharps
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
                Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Sounds like you guys will have a blast, maybe next time.

                Lee