Re: systems

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2011
      It was my pleasure to visit Alan yesterday and listen to his superb system. As you can see from the list this is all very high performance equipment. I really enjoyed the "Maggie" speakers......if you havent heard these you are missing one of the best and most respected hi fi speakers ever made. Alan, thans again for allowing me an enjoyable afternoon and For extending this offer to our club members.
      Bob Guerin
      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > My primary system is as follows:
      > Basis 1400 turntable with Rega 301 and Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge
      > Sony 5400ES cd/sacd player
      > Shindo Auriges preamp with moving magnet phono stage
      > Antique Sound Labs Hurricanes monoblock power amps. 200w per chanel using
      > 8-KT-88's per side
      > Magnepan 3.6R planar speakers
      > Cables are Crystal and Goetz Alpha core
      > See attached photo
      >
      > Secondary system
      > Sony 806 blue ray player
      > Sonic Euphoria passive pre-transformer based
      > Odyssey Khartego power amp
      > Magnepan 1.6QR planar speakers
      > Cables from Morrow Audio
      >
      > If you wish individually to hear my system please e-mail me at
      > alanhendler@...
      > I am retired and can set something up at any time
      > Thanks
      > Alan Hendler

    • Steve Surbaugh
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2011
        Alan,

        Great system and I love the color combination on the maggies.
        Much better than the black cloth..IMHO.
        steve

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
          Alan, John has purchased a pair of Maggie 1.7 speakers.
          I was telling him about your "tree tweak". Of course he thinks im nuts. Where did u get the info on this tweak?
          Bob

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 8, 2011
            That tweek has been on any Maggie forum for many years
            Just google maggie tweeks and you will find it in lots of places
            and John I would love to hear your 1.7's
            Alan