Re: RMAF Photos

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2011
      I am very much hoping to go to any meetings we may have in November so I can meet our members. (I haven't been to a meeting yet. Kids, golf, UTSA Football and the like.) Here is a link to my coverage of RMAF -

      http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/profiles/blogs/rmaf-2011-coverage-by-jim-clements

      I did see one gentleman roaming about the Hyatt in a Smithson Valley shirt. I'm assuming that was Bob. I didn't stop him to visit because I was running to one of my appointments with a marketing company.

      Y'all please let me know if you have interest in anything in particular and I can request a review unit to evaluate. Thanks!

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2011
        Hi, Steven:

        Thank you for your generous offer to help me. I have recently upgraded my main home theater system with new speakers in the front and center as well as a new separate MC amplifier and a new cabinet to hold it all. I think it sounds very good to my old ears, but it is very straightforward with nothing very esoteric or "high end" about it, unless you count the Oppo BDP-93 which some people consider a high end universal/blu-ray player. I have a small house, so I really can't add much more gear unless I get rid of some of my other stuff as I currently have three separate audio systems (four if you count my computer system/speakers). But I do envy you with your obvious wood/metal working skills and the beautiful wood cabinets on the speakers and subwoofer you built. I also like the mahogany wood equipment cabinet you built for its simplicity and functionality as well as the beautiful stain you applied to it.
        Hope to see you at Luther's this coming Saturday.
        I am going to the Don Williams concert tonight!!! Woo hoo!

        Don

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2011
          Hi Don, yes I just had time to stick our class photo up there. If you need a "fix" on the new gear the stereophile web site has a good selection of other images over the show and of course I have more that I will bring to the next meeting. John and I had a planning meeting today and we will have a fun meeting with all the Oppo models........
          Bob