Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] November RCAS Meeting : Oppo Players

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 20, 2011
      For reference, if it's useful I can bring my Benchmark DAC-1. I use the balanced out with zero internal attenuation for best sound into my TVC's.   Joe Bohan

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 21, 2011
        > Has anyone heard about the new SHM SACD format?

        I've got a few RB SHMs and think they sound spectacular. I think they're better than SACDs. I have lossless rips of a few SHM-SACDs and am blown away by those too. I'd actually buy some SHM-SACDs if they didn't cost $60 each.

        I managed to get some of the Rush SHMs before they went out of print for $30 or so each and they're the best digital Rush I've ever heard.
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 21, 2011
          Some SHM SACD's sound very good but I don't think they are worth
          $60. Some people on Audio Asylum have purchased some and did not like them.
          Again it depends at how well they are mastered. I have a couple and don't
          intend to buy any more. Vinyl and redbook cd's are fine for me
          Alan