RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] What's your setup?

  • david weil
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2011
      That sounds great Luther. Let me know when your planning the open house and I'll get signed up.
      I really enjoyed hearing (and seeing) your CDP and Amp last weekend. Great gear.
      Thanks,

      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      From: wardsweb@...
      Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:27:49 -0700
      Subject: RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] What's your setup?

      Nice stuff ! I think Harbeth's are the only "box" speaker I've heard that were pleasing to my ears. I'm a real big horn and electrostac guy, so use to a very open and airy sound. The Harbeth I heard were open and forward and I liked that.

      You will have to make it over when I do the open house. That way you can hear horns, electrostats and conventional speakers in a short time span and see what you think.

      Luther

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 25, 2011
        Count me in for the open house as well. Both Angela and I enjoyed meeting everyone last weekend and getting to hear the differences in everyone's gear. It was a real treat. Luckily me bringing her along convinced her that I wasn't crazy in my persuit of auditory bliss. Thanks for the help guys! ;)

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, david weil <dpgdave@...> wrote:

        > That sounds great Luther. Let me know when your planning the open house and I'll get signed up.
        > I really enjoyed hearing (and seeing) your CDP and Amp last weekend. Great gear.
        > Thanks,
        > To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
        > From: wardsweb@...
        > Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 09:27:49 -0700
        > Subject: RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] What's your setup?

        > Nice stuff ! I think Harbeth's are the only "box" speaker I've heard that were pleasing to my ears. I'm a real big horn and electrostac guy, so use to a very open and airy sound. The Harbeth I heard were open and forward and I liked that.
        >
        > You will have to make it over when I do the open house. That way you can hear horns, electrostats and conventional speakers in a short time span and see what you think.
        >
        > Luther

      • Steve Surbaugh
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 26, 2011
          Steven,

          Great idea. I just joined the group. Didn't make the meeting last week.
          Been into High End for quite a while.
          Current set up...Which hasn't changed in quite a few years since the Toddler came along:

          Dynaudio Contour 1.8k2...(floor standing 2 ways)
          ARC VT100..(All tube 100watt)
          Audible Illusions 2D..many different tube combos over the years. Currently with Electro Harmonix
          VPI Junior with MK3 Platter
          Audioquest Arm
          Grado Sonata MM
          Jolida JD100 with Electro Harmonix as well.
          Cables mostly older AQ stuff.

          Had in the past:
          Vandersteen 2ces
          M-L Aerius