Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Saturday Updates

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 23, 2011
      Hello everyone. It looks like we will have at least 3-4 tables saturday. I set up a Clear Audio Blue Emotion (German table) with a Grado Gold moving magnet cart yesterday. We will have an vintage linear table from Don, a Technics vintage and perhaps more. My thought is we will play some music on each one and then perhaps by the break decide which table to use for the second half, or however the members want to do it. Our club system this month will be the tables, my Usher preamp with built in phono stage (that I am listing on Audiogon for sale if anyone needs a preamp), the B&W CDM bookshelf speakers, and John is bringing the amplifier & cables. We can play 45's as well as 33's and will have "super duper audiophile records as well as common "here is what you find at the 1/2 price store, how good are they?". I would also like to ask if anyone has an stereo/audio related books to donate to our club library. I have a few on setting up systems, hi fi A-Z, even a recent overview on the fall of the music industry that tracks the vinyl business, rise and fall of the Cd and now internet music. Members could have the material for one month and then return them at the next meeting. Anyone with a background or unusual insight into vinyl & tables is is also welcome to make comments at the meeting. Finally, John and I would like to survey members for upcoming months and the Xmas party. Dont forget to wear your RCAS club badge!
      See you at Bjorns Saturday, Bob