Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] AR-90's

  • Anis Y Jiwani
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2011
      AR-90's are fantastic speakers, very good sound quality but they do need quality watts to sing. I feel qualified to say it because a very close friend of mine owned them and my experience of listening to them was spread over for almost 10 years back in the mid 80's to mid 90's. I visited his house on a very regular basis as he was an audiophile too.

      He was using a Revox preamp and had changed a few amps all solid state from a Kenwood Basic MA2 to Nakamichi 600 series power amp based on Stasis Design to finally a Krell. If my memory serves me right these were introduced in 1978.

      If you get them make sure the refoaming is done very well and they are broken in for at least 50-70 hours before you judge them for their sound quality.

      Great memories from those days, I especially remember listening to Windham Hill Samplers from the early to late80's on these speakers.

      Sincerely,

      Anis Y Jiwani

      On 13 August 2011 20:07, mrwoodzi <mrwoodzi@...> wrote:

      If anyone is interested I may have a lead on a pair of AR-90's that seem to be in decent shape cosmetically and also need to be refoamed. Anyone have any experience with these?

      -Michael W.