Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Houton Audio Society Meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2011
       I attended an excellent presentation today on recording/microphones, but I was mistaken that it was to be from a negative position (I.e. Demise) I am reading a book by that title and and got crossed. As always the Houston club had a good speaker and an excellent meeting. Apologies 4 any confusion.
      Sent from my iPhone 2104134222

      On Aug 13, 2011, at 9:52 AM, Michael Woods k<mrwoodzi@...> wrote:

      When I was at Rice getting my masters degree I took a class called Music of Business and Law. Excellent class taught by the composition professor who was also deeply involved in the record industry in the 60's, 70's and 80's (owner of Sugar Hill Studios at one point). He always had the best stories, that of course, were not going to be tested on.

      He attributed the down fall of the record industry, particularly at the end of the 70's, to the amount of coke getting snorted and the resulting lack of common sense. He told us a story of one record company run by a man who got tired of looking out the window of the studio and seeing all these ugly cars. He happened to really love BMWs and decided that everyone working in the studio should own one. Soon after, everyone that worked for the studio owned BMWs, bought by the studio.

      -Michael W.