RCAS Meeting Date for August

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 12, 2011
      The next RCAS meeting will be at John Schurmans' home on 20 August at 1pm. This month we will be listening to John's equipment as well as some vintage cassette machines. We do have members with an interest in vintage audio, so from time to time the smaller meetings will be more specialized. We will have at minimum a Nakamichi 700ZXE and also a Teac 8030. The Teac machine was their last and most sophisticated model. Nakamichi, of course, was always a leader with their machines. We will listen to them both with a variety of tape formulations etc. If you havent been to Johns house before this is your chance to hear some great sounds from a variety of new and vintage gear. Please reply to me if you will attend as this is limited for size, probably 6-8 members only. I will confirm and provide his address. He lives in the Helotes area, off 1604. As always, we encourage attendees to bring a machine if you have a working cassette model and any favorite music.
      Bob
    • Anis Y Jiwani
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2011
        How interesting that you guys will be treated to a Nakamichi deck, I used to own the Nakamichi Tri-Tracer which I believe was the manual version of the ZXE. It was a killer deck betered only by the legendary 1000. My first intro to the Nakamichi was to the 1000 which my friend from college use to own.

        I would have attended the meeting by am based in Houston.

        Happy listening.

        Sincerely,

        Anis Y Jiwani

        "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington

        This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have  received this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete this message along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.