Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Who likes the HiFi Tuning fuses?

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
      What is an attractive price?

      From: thudeets <ms-at-sa@...>
      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, August 11, 2011 3:39:24 PM
      Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Who likes the HiFi Tuning fuses?

      I am using a 6.3amp fast-blow in a Jolida 801a.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
        I ran it in the Conrad Johnson LS-16 pre I had. To tell the truth, I didn't hear a difference. YMMV

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
          $21. Most retailers are selling them for at least $40.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
            While I'm here is their any news about our next meeting?

            $21. Most retailers are selling them for at least $40.

            > What is an attractive price?

          • thudeets
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
              If you accept HiFi's claims regarding the benefits of the fuses, they are worth it just for the peace-of-mind it provides that every link in your system's chain is as strong as possible; hearing an obvious and immediate sound improvement simply by replacing the stock fuse in my mind may be too optimistic. I use them for said reason.

              I am glad to hear Galen is carying the HiFi fuses now at whatever the price.

              ---Matt
              --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "the_matching_mole" <hopstetter@...> wrote:

              > $21. Most retailers are selling them for at least $40.
              >
              > > What is an attractive price?

            • David Burgin
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 11, 2011
                I'm still waiting for the 'hi-fi power station line'  that provides silver cabling all the way from the power station to my outlet!  :-)