Re: Watt's Up?

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2011
      Michael:

      I have an Emotiva XPA 5 amp in my system right now. I also reviewed their ERT 8.3 surround system (before they came out with a sub).

      Their amp especially is much more of an amp than you would expect just by looking at their web site. It sounds much better than you would think too.

      Jim

      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Michael Woods <mrwoodzi@...> wrote:

      > I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard any of the Emotiva gear?
      >
      > -Michael W.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Anis Y Jiwani
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2011
        I got the Carole King - Carnegie Hall Concert 1971 on Numbered Limited Edition MOFI Gold SACD.

        The detail on this recording is mind-boggling. As for me, I have been listening to Tapestry for 40 years and is my all time favourite album, therefore, getting this one was a no brainer for me!

        MoFi has actually come up with many limited edition SACD's and are available at Amazon very reasonably priced.

        Music Direct is a good place to search what you like and Amazon is a good place to shop for them.

        http://www.musicdirect.com/c-511-sacd.aspx

        Sincerely,

        Anis Y Jiwani

        "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington