Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Watt's Up?

  • Michael Woods
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8 6:47 PM
      I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard any of the Emotiva gear?

      -Michael W.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9 9:56 AM
        Michael:

        I have an Emotiva XPA 5 amp in my system right now. I also reviewed their ERT 8.3 surround system (before they came out with a sub).

        Their amp especially is much more of an amp than you would expect just by looking at their web site. It sounds much better than you would think too.

        Jim

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Michael Woods <mrwoodzi@...> wrote:

        > I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard any of the Emotiva gear?
        >
        > -Michael W.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Anis Y Jiwani
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12 8:15 PM
          I got the Carole King - Carnegie Hall Concert 1971 on Numbered Limited Edition MOFI Gold SACD.

          The detail on this recording is mind-boggling. As for me, I have been listening to Tapestry for 40 years and is my all time favourite album, therefore, getting this one was a no brainer for me!

          MoFi has actually come up with many limited edition SACD's and are available at Amazon very reasonably priced.

          Music Direct is a good place to search what you like and Amazon is a good place to shop for them.

          http://www.musicdirect.com/c-511-sacd.aspx

          Sincerely,

          Anis Y Jiwani

          "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington