Re: July Meeting Photos Posted & General News

  • thudeets
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      Robert, et al:

      Below are three nominations to consider including in the club-CD. I think the CD is a great idea!

      Track: Wichita Lineman
      Artist: Jimmy Webb
      Album: Just Across the River
      Mastered By: Unknown
      Engineered By: Alan Crossland
      Digital Editing By: Lanny Fiel and Alan Crossland
      Format: Redbook CD
      Release date: June 29, 2010
      Note: This version of Wichita Lineman is stunning for sound quality. Though it was Glen Campbell's version that most people are familiar with, knowing that the person who wrote the song is singing it here gives it an undeniable credibility. If you do not know already, you may want to play this one on a good system and try to identify the second voice on the first listen.

      Track: Blood on the Saddle
      Artist: Cowboy Nation
      Album: A Journey Out of Time
      Mastered By: Robert Vosgien and Pete Papageorges at Capital Records
      Format: Redbook CD
      Release date: July 13, 2000
      Recorded at: Busy Bee Studios
      Note: Blood on the Saddle is an awesome recording with regard to sound quality. The arrangement is simple: electric bass, acoustic guitar and vocals. I have heard the CD played on a couple of systems. Full-range floor-standing speakers might be a good idea.

      Track: Hair on the Windshield
      Artist: Carry Swinney
      Album: Human Masquerade
      Mastered By: Unknown
      Engineered by Alan Crossland
      Digital Editing by Lanny Fiel & Alan Crossland
      Produced by Alan Crossland & Carry Swinney
      Format: Redbook CD
      Release date: February 7, 1997
      Note: The liner notes do not provide information on how they recorded the introduction on this song. The car that wizzes by; and the glass bottle that hits the pavement were done perfectly.