Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] July Meeting Photos Posted & General News

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2011
      For those not at the July meeting , what vinyl box set Robert refers to is Classic Records Clarity Vinyl series 45 rpm mastered " Come Away With Me " by Norah Jones. Now out of print and not in their catalog. Sorry,Bob,but I found it no longer at Elusive Disc,Acoustic Sounds,nor Music Direct.Here is a link to Classic records catalog of 45 rpm vinyl and if you scroll down there are 4 titles still available : http://www.classicrecords.com/search.cfm?code=45&order_by=

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
        Robert, et al:

        Below are three nominations to consider including in the club-CD. I think the CD is a great idea!

        Track: Wichita Lineman
        Artist: Jimmy Webb
        Album: Just Across the River
        Mastered By: Unknown
        Engineered By: Alan Crossland
        Digital Editing By: Lanny Fiel and Alan Crossland
        Format: Redbook CD
        Release date: June 29, 2010
        Note: This version of Wichita Lineman is stunning for sound quality. Though it was Glen Campbell's version that most people are familiar with, knowing that the person who wrote the song is singing it here gives it an undeniable credibility. If you do not know already, you may want to play this one on a good system and try to identify the second voice on the first listen.

        Track: Blood on the Saddle
        Artist: Cowboy Nation
        Album: A Journey Out of Time
        Mastered By: Robert Vosgien and Pete Papageorges at Capital Records
        Format: Redbook CD
        Release date: July 13, 2000
        Recorded at: Busy Bee Studios
        Note: Blood on the Saddle is an awesome recording with regard to sound quality. The arrangement is simple: electric bass, acoustic guitar and vocals. I have heard the CD played on a couple of systems. Full-range floor-standing speakers might be a good idea.

        Track: Hair on the Windshield
        Artist: Carry Swinney
        Album: Human Masquerade
        Mastered By: Unknown
        Engineered by Alan Crossland
        Digital Editing by Lanny Fiel & Alan Crossland
        Produced by Alan Crossland & Carry Swinney
        Format: Redbook CD
        Release date: February 7, 1997
        Note: The liner notes do not provide information on how they recorded the introduction on this song. The car that wizzes by; and the glass bottle that hits the pavement were done perfectly.