Mini Meet & Party This Saturday 1 March 2014

  • godzilla56@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2014
      RCAS Members            Special Event This Saturday!!!!!!!!

      Need a little hi fi "lift" this Saturday? How about a chance to listen to some great speakers & Carver tube amplifiers this weekend? Our RCAS member Ulises is having a mini meet at his home from 3-7pm. As you may recall we met there last year when he set up those amazing Genesis speakers designed by the great Arnie Nudell. Ulises also has a great friend in Bob Carver and we enjoyed listening to his tube amplifiers and even spoke with him on the phone. Anyway, due to the fact this is in his home attendance must be limited to a fifteen members (wives/girlfriends welcome). So, please contact me (Godzilla56@sbcglobal,net) and I will get your name on the list. Once confirmed I will send you the address and information you need. For security reasons we do not publish this info on our RCAS web site. Don't hesitate, sign up NOW for a fun Saturday. Snacks will be provided with soft drinks & water & maybe pizza. Bring your own drinks if you need something else. Also bring albums & CD's. If you need to go hi res it will require your laptop & DAC (maybe a dragon fly?)  Hope to see you there!

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 25, 2014
        Hi Bob
        I would loke to attend
        Alan

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 25, 2014
          your on the list, details to follow.
          Bob

        • uhubbard@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 25, 2014

            The main purpose of the meeting is to celebrate 3 recent birthdays: Don's, Bob's, and mine.

            These are some of the systems that we will be listening to.  We can mix-and-match different gear while we're there - as long as the equipment can be put physically close enough to be connected: anything goes!

            System 1:

            Carver Tube Amplifier mono blocks (the originals from when Bob Carver was still making them himself with "tubular Joe")

            Carver C-19 Reference Vacuum Tube Pre Amp

            Carver SD/A 490t Reference Vacuum Tube CD player

            Genesis 350SE speakers

            Infinity Kappa 9 speakers

            Martin Logan Prodigy electrostatic speakers

            Kef Reference Model One (true point-source coaxial) speakers

            Magnepan 3.6R planar speakers

            Dahlquist DQ 10

            DCM Time Windows (Original)

            Advent Prodigy

            White Van Scam Theater Research speakers (for the fun of it! we can compare the Genesis, which now retail for about $80,000 dollars to these $50 dollars speakers!)

            White Van Scam Millennium Theater Systems speakers (for the fun of it, see above)

            System 2:

            McIntosh MAC 1900 Receiver  (McIntosh's first all-solid-state receiver)

            Carver TFM 45 amplifiers

            with any of the speakers above

            System 3:

            Raven Audio integrated amplifier (on loan from the owner of Raven Audio)

            with any of the speakers above

            UPSTAIRS:

            Yamaha Home Theater Receiver  (Has internal DAC, but I don't its highest resolution, it's about 4 years old)

            Carver Amazing Platinum speakers

            Carver TFM 45 amplifiers

            All interconnects and speaker cables are "plane-Jane" stuff, except for the 60 feet of Genesis/AudioQuest cables that feed the Genesis servo subwoofers, and a set of cables I bought from Alan last year, but I can't remember their brand.

            I might even get Bob Carver on the phone again!

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2014
              Bob, Ulises:

              Sounds like a fun and entertaining way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Please sign me up if space is still available.

              ---Matt

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2014
                Hi Ulises

                Sounds like a blast. I'm sorry but I already have plans helping a fellow audio buddy setup his system with some new speakers, subs and digital crossover. Ya'll have fun and take some pictures for our Facebook page, so we can all enjoy.

                Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] RE: Mini Meet & Party This Saturday 1 March 2014
                To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 12:57 AM

[...]
                Audio)with any of the speakers
                above UPSTAIRS:Yamaha Home Theater

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 26, 2014

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 26, 2014
                    Hi, Ulises:

                    I would love to attend as I know you have some great gear and are also a great host, but, unfortunately, I have company coming into town on Saturday to celebrate my birthday, so I won't be able to make it this time. As Luther says, please take some pictures for the RCAS web site so we can vicariously enjoy the get together.
                    Have fun, my friend!

                    Don
                    ---- uhubbard@... wrote:
                    > The main purpose of the meeting is to celebrate 3 recent birthdays: Don's, Bob's, and mine.
                    >
                    > These are some of the systems that we will be listening to. We can mix-and-match different gear while we're there - as long as the equipment can be put physically close enough to be connected: anything goes!
                    >
                    > System 1:
                    > Carver Tube Amplifier mono blocks (the originals from when Bob Carver was still making them himself with "tubular Joe")
                    > Carver C-19 Reference Vacuum Tube Pre Amp
                    > Carver SD/A 490t Reference Vacuum Tube CD player
                    > Genesis 350SE speakers
                    > Infinity Kappa 9 speakers
                    > Martin Logan Prodigy electrostatic speakers
                    > Kef Reference Model One (true point-source coaxial) speakers
                    > Magnepan 3.6R planar speakers
                    > Dahlquist DQ 10
                    > DCM Time Windows (Original)
                    > Advent Prodigy
                    > White Van Scam Theater Research speakers (for the fun of it! we can compare the Genesis, which now retail for about $80,000 dollars to these $50 dollars speakers!)
                    > White Van Scam Millennium Theater Systems speakers (for the fun of it, see above)
                    >
                    > System 2:
                    > McIntosh MAC 1900 Receiver (McIntosh's first all-solid-state receiver)
                    > Carver TFM 45 amplifiers
                    > with any of the speakers above
                    >
                    > System 3:
                    > Raven Audio integrated amplifier (on loan from the owner of Raven Audio)
                    > with any of the speakers above
                    >
                    > UPSTAIRS:
                    > Yamaha Home Theater Receiver (Has internal DAC, but I don't its highest resolution, it's about 4 years old)
                    > Carver Amazing Platinum speakers
                    > Carver TFM 45 amplifiers
                    >
                    > All interconnects and speaker cables are "plane-Jane" stuff, except for the 60 feet of Genesis/AudioQuest cables that feed the Genesis servo subwoofers, and a set of cables I bought from Alan last year, but I can't remember their brand.
                    >
                    > I might even get Bob Carver on the phone again!

                  • david weil
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 27, 2014
                      Hello Bob, Looks like I jumped the gun and unfortunately won't be able o attend the mini meet. I'll be moving out of my house to a new townhouse Saturday so i unfortunately won't be able to make it.
                      I'll be looking for the pics and hope to make the next one.
                      Best,
                      David

                      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                      From: godzilla56@...