Eargasm? Anyone?

  • Anis Y Jiwani
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
      When was the last time you had an EARGASM from listening to your rig?

      Some are lucky to achieve that, some are still striving to achieve that thing called - SYNERGY.

      Recently i came across an album which IMHO was the finest recorded album that I have had the pleasure to listen to and that too in Tony Landry's highly revealing system. His system has come a long way since I first heard it 3 years ago. Tony is constantly working towards improving the sound by tweaking it on a very regular basis. He has taken his system well beyond the capability of what it is suppose to do at the price point. Tony is a down to earth practical audiophile who does not believe in spending several thousand $$$ in terms of equipment to improve the sound, he does it with tweaks! Most of his tweaks cost him less than $25 and after listening to his system it gives one an impression that he has actually spent 100's or even 1000's of $$$. If there was a title to be bestowed on Tony Landry by this fraternity, it would have to be - Father of tweaks.

      Now coming to the album that I referred to earlier I have provided the link here for anyone who cares to listen to it on their own system.

      I cannot describe how good it sounds, the music is wonderful and the recording is near perfect, 99.99999 The recording is presented in three formats Redbook CD, SACD and HD Blu Ray Audio making it future proof even if you only have a Redbook CD player. There may be better recordings out there but this is the best that yours truly and Tony have heard. Tony's system was in one word SINGING!

      This was a feast for my starving soul!

      If anyone has heard a better recording than what this album has to offer I am all ears.

      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025ZITT2

      Happy Listening!

      Sincerely,

      Anis Y Jiwani

      "If it sounds good, it IS good!" - Duke Ellington

      This message, together with any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are  hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have  received this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete this message along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2011
        May I ask in what format did you listen to it. Bluray, Sacd, or Cd?  Surround or two channel
        I have downloaded some of the 2L stuff. Good recordings of somewhat marginal music and
        performances. Many industry people are saying that BlueRay audio is dead in the water as is SACD
        I would like to here some 2L recordings on vinyl.  I do have "EARGASM's almost daily on my system.
        Stop by some day and we can listen together
        Alan

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 23, 2011
          Alan,

          It was on CD and straight two channel audio.

          Thank you for your invite, when I visit San Antonio, I will make it a point to stop by for a listen. I am based in Houston.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 23, 2011
            yeah i found it kind of strange that there is no info about the artists or repertoire on this 2L release.
             i am assuming by a couple reviews on amazon, that this is orchestral/classical music.
            i am curious to hear how convincingly the engineers captured these performances as i was quite disappointed by the unnatural quality of the IsoMike recordings of symphonic music.
             either way, i am glad i finally satisfied my curiosity after recieving 2 of the samplers at our RCA meeting last week.
            great meeting everyone and Alan, i'd love to stop by and hear your system in the near future!
            erick

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 23, 2011
              Look forward to it

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 23, 2011
                Anytime Just give me a call.
                I also did  not think much of the iso mike recordings
                Alan

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 24, 2011
                  Tony Landry is not a member of this society and I have asked him to join and share discussions. He had responded to a question about tweaks on HAS and I thought I'd post it here what he shared with the members on HAS.

                  Yes, the room is the most important factor in getting good sound. It all starts with the room, then speaker placement. When you get these two right you are well are your way. Here are the steps I have taken over the years to achieve good sound.

                  1. Experimenting with main components to reach the synergism or compatibility at your budgeted performance level.

                  2. Purity of wire is important for purity of sound. I have found that using not less than 5 nines of any wire is a must. Also different kinds of wire whether it is copper or silver will give you different flavors. The idea here is to reach the goal of neutrality between the yin and yang.

                  3. When it comes to tweaks you do not have to spend a fortune on them. My most favorite tweak shop is Herbies Audio Lab online. When starting out to tweak one must start with one tweak at a time so you can hear the difference between them. First start with Super Sonic Stabilizers placed on top of components and good feet under to increase efficiency. This is the first step to control vibration which is a real killer similar to RF. I will discuss vibration in step 4.

                  4. If you are using tube components I have found the Ultra Sonic RX tube damping rings works for me with outstanding reults. Also, last but not least is the binding post washers for your speakers whether you are using spades or bananas. These washers will direct couple your signal to the speakers in the case of spade connectors and vibration control. For example, when playing music the vibration from your speaker driver voice coils are detriment to good sound. You will be amazed with the lower frequency notes being tighter and more linear. You will notice the that little bit of dust in the rest of the spectrum is gone.

                  Tony

                  "It pays to discover."

                  Unquote

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 24, 2011
                    Just would like to comment on one statement Tony makes. I have found that tube dampers including Herbies tend to
                    suck the life out of most amps I have tried them on. I have bought dampers in the past and also wind up
                    removing them. Just my experience
                    Alan

                    Tony Landry is not a member of this society and I have asked him to join and share discussions. He had responded to a question about tweaks on HAS and I thought I'd post it here what he shared with the members on HAS.

                    Yes, the room is the most important factor in getting good sound. It all starts with the room, then speaker placement. When you get these two right you are well are your way. Here are the steps I have taken over the years to achieve good sound.

                    1. Experimenting with main components to reach the synergism or compatibility at your budgeted performance level.

                    2. Purity of wire is important for purity of sound. I have found that using not less than 5 nines of any wire is a must. Also different kinds of wire whether it is copper or silver will give you different flavors. The idea here is to reach the goal of neutrality between the yin and yang.

                    3. When it comes to tweaks you do not have to spend a fortune on them. My most favorite tweak shop is Herbies Audio Lab online. When starting out to tweak one must start with one tweak at a time so you can hear the difference between them. First start with Super Sonic Stabilizers placed on top of components and good feet under to increase efficiency. This is the first step to control vibration which is a real killer similar to RF. I will discuss vibration in step 4.

                    4. If you are using tube components I have found the Ultra Sonic RX tube damping rings works for me with outstanding reults. Also, last but not least is the binding post washers for your speakers whether you are using spades or bananas. These washers will direct couple your signal to the speakers in the case of spade connectors and vibration control. For example, when playing music the vibration from your speaker driver voice coils are detriment to good sound. You will be amazed with the lower frequency notes being tighter and more linear. You will notice the that little bit of dust in the rest of the spectrum is gone.

                    Tony

                    "It pays to discover."

                    Unquote

                    --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:

                    > May I ask in what format did you listen to it. Bluray, Sacd, or Cd? Surround or
                    > two channel
                    > I have downloaded some of the 2L stuff. Good recordings of somewhat marginal
                    > music and
                    > performances. Many industry people are saying that BlueRay audio is dead in the
                    > water as is SACD
                    > I would like to here some 2L recordings on vinyl. I do have "EARGASM's almost
                    > daily on my system.
                    > Stop by some day and we can listen together

                  • Anis Y Jiwani