Re: Had a great time.

  • dpgdave
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
      I had a great time as well. Really liked hearing all the different monitors. It help me out big time in deciding the type of sound I'm after.
      Thanks John, Bob and Luther for putting on the show and setting up the gear!
      It'll be tough coming out with two favorites for the group disc but I'll try to narrow it down.

      Steven, I have a couple subs for sale right now but they're pretty big ones. One is a Sunfire True EQ 12 and the other is a REL Storm III. You're more than welcome to check them out.

      I've got some other items for sale as well incase anyone is interested. you can see them on my Audiogon profile:

      http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/search2.pl?seller&zzDpgdave

      Alan, I need to get your number as I'd love to get by your place to check out the Maggies as well.

      Thanks again for the great meeting.
      Dave

      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Robert Guerin

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
        Dave,
        You can reach me at
        630-835-6054
        or
        alanhendler@...
        Contact me and we can set up a date for you
        to drop by. Would love to have you come over
        Alan

        <godzilla56@...> wrote:

        > Hi Steven.
        >
        > Glad you enjoyed the meeting and the speaker evaluation. Im getting a lot more
        > feedback than usual after a meeting so this was a popular subject. Regarding the
        > RCAS disc, it WILL be done. I will shortly post a formal request for each member
        > to submit 2 of their favorite tracks, with the proviso that the music be of
        > excellent fidelity, tracks lets than 5 minutes etc for our disc. John and I will
        > work out the logistics of this. I would also like to see a top 10 list from our
        > members of what they are currently listening to...........
        >
        > I have a extra powered subwoofer at the moment. It is a mid size M&K unit,
        > white, that was used in my home theater system. Price would be $300. As an RCA
        > member you are welcome to demo the unit at your home for a week or two and then
        > decide if you wish to buy it. Im also encouraging everyone to use our website
        > for their used audio gear, Houston's club has done this with pretty good success
        > so I see no reason why we shouldnt also.
        >
        > I enjoyed your speakers and am always impressed when someone steps up and does
        > one of these projects instead of just talking about it and so on. As I
        > mentioned, any of your projects and the pictures during construction would be
        > appreciated for posting on this site.
        >
        > Thanks again for your participation.

      • vintagehifisteve
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
          Dave, you had played a song before you played Adele, it was a female singler with great lyrics, as I recall it had her face on the front of the case and she wore a yellow dress? Do you recall what song that was and who was the artist?

          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...> wrote:

          > Dave,
          > You can reach me at
          > 630-835-6054
          > or
          > alanhendler@...
          > Contact me and we can set up a date for you
          > to drop by. Would love to have you come over

        • dpgdave
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 18, 2011
            Steve,
            That was Sarah Jaffe and the song was Clementine. I'm also digging Sarah Brasko right now and a girl who goes by Lissie. All are great folksy female vocalists.
            That Adelle cd was her first cd and I had no idea it was such a crummy recording... I've just gotten tired of listening to her new cd (21)-a great cd that I'm sure you've heard. I think all the best studios are trying to get ahold of her since she's broken out and currently occupies the top song on the charts, rolling in the deep.
            You mentioned you're a fan of the new bright eyes cd, as am I. What were those other groups you mentioned to me? Previous bands of the lead singer??? This was the first cd of there's I've bought and I'm really liking it. I also picked up the new feelies cd and that's also a good one-kind of similar.
            Dave