Re: July Meeting

  • dpgdave
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2011
      Erick,
      Those look sweet indeed. I've never seen a set but I heard a beautiful set of Thiel 3.6-I believe they were- owned by a fellow member and they were VERY impressive just running off a mid-road receiver. Sign me up for a pair someday too...

      --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Erick Matta <ertatta@...> wrote:

      > btw, does anyone in the group/area own a pair of thiel pcs? always been blown away with this design and hope to own a pair someday!
      >

      > On Jul 13, 2011, at 11:19 AM, dpgdave wrote:
      >
      > > Absolutely correct. Shootout is the wrong word as it's certainly not a competition. It sounds like we'll be hearing some very different stuff from high efficiency to low, ribon tweeters to DIY single drivers... Should be very interesting indeed.
      > >
      > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I think it needs to be pointed out that this is not intended to be a shootout,
      > > > just a chance to hear
      > > > a variety of different bookshelf type speakers. This is not about competition
      > > > but about learning and
      > > > enjoying differences in audio gear
      > > > Alan
      > > >

      > > > ________________________________

    • Michael Woods
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 13, 2011
        I may have bought said Thiel 3.6's from said member, I am very happy and they are exactly what I was looking for.

        -Michael

        Those look sweet indeed. I've never seen a set but I heard a beautiful set of Thiel 3.6-I believe they were- owned by a fellow member and they were VERY impressive just running off a mid-road receiver. Sign me up for a pair someday too...

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Erick Matta <ertatta@...> wrote:

        > btw, does anyone in the group/area own a pair of thiel pcs? always been blown away with this design and hope to own a pair someday!
        >

        > On Jul 13, 2011, at 11:19 AM, dpgdave wrote:
        >
        > > Absolutely correct. Shootout is the wrong word as it's certainly not a competition. It sounds like we'll be hearing some very different stuff from high efficiency to low, ribon tweeters to DIY single drivers... Should be very interesting indeed.
        > >
        > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hendler <alanhendler@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I think it needs to be pointed out that this is not intended to be a shootout,
        > > > just a chance to hear
        > > > a variety of different bookshelf type speakers. This is not about competition
        > > > but about learning and
        > > > enjoying differences in audio gear
        > > > Alan
        > > >

        > > > ________________________________

      • dpgdave
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 14, 2011
          Michael,
          Said set was running off a receiver when I heard them and sounding amazing so I can can only imagine how good they'd be on a 2 channel system...
          What do you have driving them?
          Glad to hear they stayed local and you're enjoying them.

          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Michael Woods <mrwoodzi@...> wrote:

          > I may have bought said Thiel 3.6's from said member, I am very happy and they are exactly what I was looking for.
          >
          > -Michael

        • dpgdave
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 14, 2011
            Michael,
            Glad to hear that the 3.6s are still in town. I would have made a move on them myself if I didn't have too much gear already.
            When I heard them, they were hooked up temporarily to a Harmon Kordon receiver. All I remember thinking was that they sounded awesome and they'd probably sound even better in a two channel set up.
            What are you using to power them?