Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] 2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
      Hi, Joe:

      I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers.  Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting.  As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure.  You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time.  I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
      Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

      Don

      Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:44 AM
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] 2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

      Will do  !

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
        Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.

        As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.

        Cheers,
        Steven

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Joe:
        >
        > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
        > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
        >
        > Don

      • gregguillot
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
          I have some metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.

          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@...> wrote:

          > Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.
          >
          > As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Steven
          >
          > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi, Joe:
          > >
          > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
          > > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
          > >
          > > Don

        • gregguillot
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
            BTW - these are B&W 24" speaker stands, flat rectangular platform on the top. There is no weight limit, so I think just about anything could sit on them. Again, let me knwo if you guys want me to bring them.

            --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@...> wrote:

            > I have some metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.
            >
            > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.
            > >
            > > As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Steven
            > >
            > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi, Joe:
            > > >
            > > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
            > > > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
            > > >
            > > > Don

          • stevenzaiontz
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
              Greg, that might be best. That way I won't have to stress about rushing the build process and worry about how I'm going to squeeze these stands into my already cramped clown car. If Don's okay with it, I'm okay with it.

              -Steven

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                Greg:

                What size is the plate for the speakers to sit on?  These speakers have a large footprint, so it would need to be good sized.  I think Steven is working on some stands for this meeting, so if he gets them done in time, I should be good.  If for some reason he is unable to complete the project in time, I may need to call on you or Joe.
                Thanks for your offer to help, Greg!

                Don

                Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:29 AM
                Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: 2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

                mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:

                > > Hi,
                Joe:

                > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from
                Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                > > Thanks again and I will keep you
                posted.

                > > Don

                href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com

                !

                "ddisbennett@" <ddisbennett@>

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                  Greg/Steven:

                  OK, I just Greg a reply before reading your email, Steven, so it looks like I may need them after all, Greg.  My speakers aren’t very heavy, I’m guess maybe 15 lbs. each, but they do have a pretty large footprint.  So please bring them if you can.

                  href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:

                  if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                  I will keep you posted.

                  Don

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                    Great music I have . will bring digital .

                    OK, I just Greg a reply before reading your email, Steven, so it looks like I may need them after all, Greg.  My speakers aren’t very heavy, I’m guess maybe 15 lbs. each, but they do have a pretty large footprint.  So please bring them if you can.

                    Greg, that might be best. That way I won't have to stress about rushing the build process and worry about how I'm going to squeeze these stands into my already cramped clown car. If Don's okay with it, I'm okay with it.

                    -Steven

                    --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@...> wrote:

                    > BTW - these are
                    B&W 24" speaker stands, flat rectangular platform on the top. There is no weight limit, so I think just about anything could sit on them. Again, let me knwo if you guys want me to bring them.

                    > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,
                    "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@> wrote:

                    > > I have some
                    metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.

                    > > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,
                    "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@> wrote:

                    Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.

                    > > > As for the
                    stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.

                    > > > Cheers,
                    > > > Steven
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,

                    if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturdayâs meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he canât finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to âlend a handâ with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                    I will keep you posted.

                    Don

                  • gregguillot
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 19, 2013
                      Don,

                      The speaker plate is 8"x7". Should be adequate for just about anything. I've had fairly large Bozak's (about the size of Heresy's) on the stands before and they were stable.

                      Greg

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 19, 2013
                        That sounds like it should work, so please bring them.
                        See you Saturday and thanks again.

                        Don