2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
      Hey, guys: I really need some help with the equipment for our meeting on June 22nd. I need a pair of speaker stands that will hold a large pair of bookshelf speakers, a CD/SACD player, an extension cord/surge protector and also a folding table to set the equipment on. Let me know if you are able to bring one or more of the above items.
      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
        Don,
        I can bring my Sony 5400 CD/SACD player and also
        a power strip.
        Alan

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 11, 2013
          Thanks, Alan, that would be great.  We all know the quality of that CD player as we have heard it several times before.
          I really appreciate your help!

          Don

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
            Don, I'm good for an extension cord, and the folding table.

            I have been following the posts on the group site, and it looks like the speaker stands are still needed however, although I wish I did, I do not have a required pair speaker stands that would hold a large pair of bookshelf speakers.

            Again, I have the table and cord covered. I am looking forward to the presentation, and seeing everyone.

            ---Matt

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
              My old speaker stands are probably too small ,light for heavier speakers . Maybe strong enough but not so sturdy with a top plate only 6 " square .Oak. They are available if nothing better turns up .    Joe

              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                Thanks a bunch, Matt. I appreciate your help, as always!
                See you there.

                Don

                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Hi, Joe:

                  I may need to use them in a pinch. My Wharfedales are large, but not particularly heavy. I have had speaker stands made specifically for them by Wharfedale on order for two months to use just for this presentation, but they are on back order and won't be delivered until July. Please bring your stands and if they won't work, we might be able to just sit them on the table which is the way I am using them right now.
                  Thanks again!

                  Don

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                    Will do  !

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                      Hi, Joe:

                      I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers.  Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting.  As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure.  You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time.  I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                      Thanks again and I will keep you posted.

                      Don

                      Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:44 AM

                      Will do  !

                      ---- Joseph Bohan <mailto:bohan.joseph%40yahoo.com> wrote:
                      > My old speaker stands are probably too small ,light for heavier
                      speakers . Maybe strong enough but not so sturdy with a top plate only 6 " square .Oak. They are available if nothing better turns up .    Joe

                      > ________________________________
                      redbeemer01 <mailto:ddisbennett%40satx.rr.com>

                      [rivercityaudiosociety] 2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

                      > Hey, guys: I really need some
                      help with the equipment for our meeting on June 22nd. I need a pair of speaker stands that will hold a large pair of bookshelf speakers, a CD/SACD player, an extension cord/surge protector and also a folding table to set the equipment on. Let me know if you are able to bring one or more of the above items.

                      Thanks!

                      > Don

                    • stevenzaiontz
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                        Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.

                        As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.

                        Cheers,
                        Steven

                        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

                        > Hi, Joe:
                        >
                        > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                        > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
                        >
                        > Don

                      • gregguillot
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                          I have some metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.

                          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@...> wrote:

                          > Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.
                          >
                          > As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          > Steven
                          >
                          > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi, Joe:
                          > >
                          > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                          > > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
                          > >
                          > > Don

                        • gregguillot
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                            BTW - these are B&W 24" speaker stands, flat rectangular platform on the top. There is no weight limit, so I think just about anything could sit on them. Again, let me knwo if you guys want me to bring them.

                            --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@...> wrote:

                            > I have some metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.
                            >
                            > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.
                            > >
                            > > As for the stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.
                            > >
                            > > Cheers,
                            > > Steven
                            > >
                            > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > Hi, Joe:
                            > > >
                            > > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                            > > > Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
                            > > >
                            > > > Don

                          • stevenzaiontz
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                              Greg, that might be best. That way I won't have to stress about rushing the build process and worry about how I'm going to squeeze these stands into my already cramped clown car. If Don's okay with it, I'm okay with it.

                              -Steven

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                                Greg:

                                What size is the plate for the speakers to sit on?  These speakers have a large footprint, so it would need to be good sized.  I think Steven is working on some stands for this meeting, so if he gets them done in time, I should be good.  If for some reason he is unable to complete the project in time, I may need to call on you or Joe.
                                Thanks for your offer to help, Greg!

                                Don

                                Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 9:29 AM
                                Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: 2nd Call for Equipment for Meeting on 06/22

                                mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:

                                > > Hi,
                                Joe:

                                > > I don’t know if you saw the emails from
                                Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                                > > Thanks again and I will keep you
                                posted.

                                > > Don

                                href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com

                                !

                                "ddisbennett@" <ddisbennett@>

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                                  Greg/Steven:

                                  OK, I just Greg a reply before reading your email, Steven, so it looks like I may need them after all, Greg.  My speakers aren’t very heavy, I’m guess maybe 15 lbs. each, but they do have a pretty large footprint.  So please bring them if you can.

                                  href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:

                                  if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturday’s meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he can’t finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to “lend a hand” with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                                  I will keep you posted.

                                  Don

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                                    Great music I have . will bring digital .

                                    OK, I just Greg a reply before reading your email, Steven, so it looks like I may need them after all, Greg.  My speakers aren’t very heavy, I’m guess maybe 15 lbs. each, but they do have a pretty large footprint.  So please bring them if you can.

                                    Greg, that might be best. That way I won't have to stress about rushing the build process and worry about how I'm going to squeeze these stands into my already cramped clown car. If Don's okay with it, I'm okay with it.

                                    -Steven

                                    --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@...> wrote:

                                    > BTW - these are
                                    B&W 24" speaker stands, flat rectangular platform on the top. There is no weight limit, so I think just about anything could sit on them. Again, let me knwo if you guys want me to bring them.

                                    > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,
                                    "gregguillot" <greg.guillot@> wrote:

                                    > > I have some
                                    metal B&W speaker stands that would support just about anything. I would be glad to bring them to the 6/22 meeting.

                                    > > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,
                                    "stevenzaiontz" <szaiontz@> wrote:

                                    Sorry, Don. That email was actually just between you and I so I don't think Joe or anyone else has seen it.

                                    > > > As for the
                                    stands, yes I'm going to try and have them done by the meeting and will hopefully start construction today. The stands will be your required height and will be sturdy enough to support your bookshelf speakers as well as mine after the meeting. I had been needing to get my butt in gear on them for a long time and your bookshelf speakers are actually very similarly sized to my latest bookshelf build so it works out perfectly. I'll keep you posted.

                                    > > > Cheers,
                                    > > > Steven
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com,

                                    if you saw the emails from Steven, but he is building a pair of custom speaker stands just to fit my speakers. Assuming he is able to finish them in time for next Saturdayâs meeting, you can save yourself the trouble of lugging your speaker stands to the meeting. As soon as he confirms that they are complete, I will email you to let you know for sure. You can be my backup in case he canât finish them in time. I really appreciate your willingness to âlend a handâ with the equipment needs for the next meeting as you have in the past (and also usually bring some great music as well).
                                    I will keep you posted.

                                    Don

                                  • gregguillot
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 19, 2013
                                      Don,

                                      The speaker plate is 8"x7". Should be adequate for just about anything. I've had fairly large Bozak's (about the size of Heresy's) on the stands before and they were stable.

                                      Greg

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jun 19, 2013
                                        That sounds like it should work, so please bring them.
                                        See you Saturday and thanks again.

                                        Don