Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Lone Star Audio Fest 2013

    Message 1 of 2 , May 12 5:49 PM
      Hi, Greg:

      Thanks for that report on the LSAF, along with Alan’s report.  Sounds like you guys had a great time and I hope to be able to attend next year’s event myself.

      Don

      Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:20 PM
      Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Lone Star Audio Fest 2013

      Last weekend's Lone Star Audio Fest was a success! Many thanks to John and his nephew Jared for hosting the RCA's Hospitality Room. John, Jared, Alan and I drove up (thanks for driving John!) last Friday and was joined by Ulises and his son on Saturday morning.

      Most of the vendors from last year were there, including Legacy, Raven Audio, Pi Speakers, OddWatt, Pete Millet, and of course AudioFred!

      Here's a list of the exhibitors from Wayne Parham's AudioRoundTable Forum:

      Exhibitor List:

      101 Legacy Audio
      102 Raven Audio
      102 High Fidelity Cables
      103 Sereneity Acoustics
      103 GR Research
      103 Dodd Audio
      103 dB Audio Labs
      103 P.I. Audio
      104 Soundfield Audio
      201 Stereo Clarity
      204 Pi Speakers
      205 Landfall Systems
      207 Affirm Audio
      207 Bent Audio
      207 MyEmia
      212 Advanced Audio Systems
      214 Brad Baker's House of Tunes
      217 Brines Acoustics
      218 Black Hole Audio/Video
      219 Bamberg Emotiva
      220 Manzanita Audio Systems
      230 DIY Audio & Vinyl
      231 Departure Audio
      234 OddWatt Audio
      301 Douglas Connection
      302 ModWright
      304 Russ Gates
      306 Fred Dieckmann DIY Audio
      307 Found Music
      310 River City Audio Society
      315 AudioFred DIY Audio

      On Saturday, the RCA'S took home the most give-away prizes with Ulises's son winning a set of Autoformers, John winning a set of tweeters and Greg winning a nice T-Shirt from Wayne Parham's AudioRoundTable.

      There was so much to see and hear, I am sure John and Ulises will post their comments as well. I believe Alan already included a few remarks.

      Of course, as you heard, John's Cardboard Speakers (built by Luther) were the hit of the show. The combination of "economical" components that seemed to have the best synergy were the cardboard speakers powered by a rebuilt Magnavox 8802 7wpc 6v6 Push/Pull tube amp through a "TubeHead" Pre by Firestone Audio. Sources were a really nice Sony SACD carousel player (not sure if that was John's or Alan's) and a Schiit Bifrost amp playing some HD samples from the latest Chesky Records sampler via a Mac Pro laptop over the optical interface.

      All-in-all, it was a fun event. Hopefully, we'll get more RCA members to participate in the 2014 Lone Star Audio Fest.