So, who has a SET amp?

  • the_matching_mole
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2011
      I've always wanted to know what my system would sound like with a SET amp. 300B, 2A3, 845, as long as it's single-ended. I've only used push-pull amps in my system.

      If you bring it to my house, I'll be happy to provide refreshment.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2011
        I have a scratch built 2A3 (3watt) but it is a bit noisey. I just haven't taken the time to trouble shoot it. I also have a 6DN7 (1.5watt) that is quiet and really sweet.

        Alan, did I bring over a little yellow amp when I was there? That is the 6DN7.

        Luther

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2011
          Yes you did
          I also have my little 2.5w Miniwatt amp