RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] July Meeting date & Topic

  • Matt Solorio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2011

      Bob, I will be there.

      ---Matt

      From: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com [mailto:rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert
      Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:14 PM
      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] July Meeting date & Topic

      The next RCAS club meeting will be held on 16 July 11. This is a change from the previously announced & published date. The topic for the meeting will be bookshelf speakers. We are asking members to bring a pair of speakers, bookshelf type only. No Focal Grand Utopia or Maggie 3.7's allowed! We will provide the speaker stands & a very good system. We would like to get at least six and no more than eight sets of speakers to listen to. As always, this is just for our enjoyment and is not a contest or a critical evaluation. We would also like each member who brings a pair of speakers to be prepared to tell us a little about the speaker. Finally, we will have door prizes (again), and those members who bring speakers will be entered twice in the drawing for prizes. I will be finalizing our meeting location this week (it should be Bjorns) and then sending out our usual email announcements. If you can bring a pair of speakers to this meeting please contact me as soon as possible. Happy listening, Bob

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 9, 2011
        Good.....do u have any bookshelf speakers?

        Bob

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2011

          Bob, following up on your question ---

          I have a pair of Definitive Technology PowerMonitor 500s that I believe qualify as a bookshelf speaker; they need a 120volt outlet to plug them into if you want to hear them the way they were designed to be used. However, they will also work just fine on their own. I am happy to bring them. Let me know.

          ----Matt