RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: DSD Playback on Esoteric K-07

  • alanhendler@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 2:33 PM
      Bob,
      Some SACD players convert the dsd layer to pcm
      and then send it to the dac. Others like the Sony, Oppo and
      yours do not convert but use the dsd file on the SACD  able
      for downloads to your computer and then played by a dac
      that can decode the dsd file sent from your computer. These
      are tagged as DSF files which I don’t think your player can play.
      Alan

      Sent from Windows Mail

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6 5:02 PM
        Alan/Bob:
        Just for grins, I played the DSF file I sent to Bob using my JRiver Media Center and my Emotiva XDA-2 DAC.  The JRiver could not play it “as is” because it amounts to a 384.2/64 bit file(as indicated by the player), so it converted it to a 192/24 bit file using its DSP function and then was able to play it just fine.  I also played a couple of other DSD (DSF) files I had and they really sound excellent, even when “downcoverted” to only a 192/24 bit file.

        Don

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6 5:15 PM
          Alan, I suspect you know a lot more about these files than I do...............
          Anyway, this is the sort of thing I do on Saturday afternoons as I tinker with the system and try a few different options.
          Now, Im off to the Brazilian Steakhouse for a meat file!