RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] DSD Playback on Esoteric K-07

  • alanhendler@att.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013
      Bob,
      Are you sure?
      I looked at the specs and no place does it say it will play back
      native dsd files. It will convert pcm files to dsd but that is not the same
      It will play back sacd’s but you can not play back the native dsd file from a sacd.
      Alan

      Sent from Windows Mail

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013
        Hi Alan

        The manual states that "during SACD playback the DSD signal is sent directly to the D/A converter". That is where I am getting the info.....like most manuals I have had to study this one several times to figure out what some of the options/settings are. However, that statement indicates to me that a DSD file is being played. Thats all I can go on at this point.
        Only way to know for sure I guess is to try a pure DSD file..I only have SACD's....

        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013