DSD Playback on Esoteric K-07

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6 12:50 PM
      I just finished reading the manual (after two months) and found that my new Esoteric K series will also play DSD files. So, I will be pulling out my SACD recordings and listening. Right now I am trying the DAC section with my Olive server to see if it sounds better than the built in DAC. It should, since the Esoteric has a much more sophisticated configuration of DACS and the ability to use digital filters (DLY & FIR) as well as much better clocking and power supplies. If anyone wants to hear some DSD files this week is open, give me call.

      Bob
    • alanhendler@att.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6 1:54 PM
        Bob,
        Are you sure?
        I looked at the specs and no place does it say it will play back
        native dsd files. It will convert pcm files to dsd but that is not the same
        It will play back sacd’s but you can not play back the native dsd file from a sacd.
        Alan

        Sent from Windows Mail

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6 2:06 PM
          Hi Alan

          The manual states that "during SACD playback the DSD signal is sent directly to the D/A converter". That is where I am getting the info.....like most manuals I have had to study this one several times to figure out what some of the options/settings are. However, that statement indicates to me that a DSD file is being played. Thats all I can go on at this point.
          Only way to know for sure I guess is to try a pure DSD file..I only have SACD's....

          Bob

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6 3:14 PM
            Hi Alan

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 6 3:14 PM