RE: [rivercityaudiosociety] DSD Playback

  • alanhendler@att.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
      Hi guys
      I have just received the Mytek 192 DSD Dac which plays
      downloaded DSD files.  Had some problems getting it to interface with
      my laptop but finaly got it working. I will keep you posted on how it sounds.
      Alan

      Sent from Windows Mail

      Hi, All: There seems to be increased interest lately in the DSD file format, which is, of course, the format used in making SACD's. It was recently reported by one of our members that the new Oppo 103/105 Universal Player would now support playback of DSD files. I just saw an ad on Newegg for the newest members of the middle line of AVR Receivers from Pioneer and noted that the top model, the VSX-1123, around $650, supports playback of DSD files on a USB drive. This format seems to be catching on!

      Don

    • stevenzaiontz
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
        I'm confused. I could have sworn I read an email stating you were getting a TEAC UD-501. What made you go with the Mytek? I'm very interested to hear your setup with all these new toys, Alan.

        Are you still using the Audio Note DAC and transport?

        -Steven

      • alanhendler@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
          Hi Steven,
          Yes, I had ordered the Teac but was notified they were back ordered for three to four months
          so I cancelled and ordered the Mytek. I am in the breakin process for now. I use my Audio Note setup for redbook and am using the laptop mytek for Hi rez and DSD downloads. Would like to
          have you over to give a listen. I am open this Saturday but am competing in the senior
          Olympics on Sunday. Let me know when you want to come over. Anybody else that wants
          to hear this stuff you are welcome. Just contact me
          Alan

          Sent from Windows Mail