DSD Playback

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2 8:49 AM
      Hi, All: There seems to be increased interest lately in the DSD file format, which is, of course, the format used in making SACD's. It was recently reported by one of our members that the new Oppo 103/105 Universal Player would now support playback of DSD files. I just saw an ad on Newegg for the newest members of the middle line of AVR Receivers from Pioneer and noted that the top model, the VSX-1123, around $650, supports playback of DSD files on a USB drive. This format seems to be catching on!

      Don
    • alanhendler@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2 7:08 PM
        Hi guys
        I have just received the Mytek 192 DSD Dac which plays
        downloaded DSD files.  Had some problems getting it to interface with
        my laptop but finaly got it working. I will keep you posted on how it sounds.
        Alan

        Sent from Windows Mail

        Hi, All: There seems to be increased interest lately in the DSD file format, which is, of course, the format used in making SACD's. It was recently reported by one of our members that the new Oppo 103/105 Universal Player would now support playback of DSD files. I just saw an ad on Newegg for the newest members of the middle line of AVR Receivers from Pioneer and noted that the top model, the VSX-1123, around $650, supports playback of DSD files on a USB drive. This format seems to be catching on!

        Don

      • stevenzaiontz
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4 6:48 AM
          I'm confused. I could have sworn I read an email stating you were getting a TEAC UD-501. What made you go with the Mytek? I'm very interested to hear your setup with all these new toys, Alan.

          Are you still using the Audio Note DAC and transport?

          -Steven

        • alanhendler@att.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4 9:36 AM
            Hi Steven,
            Yes, I had ordered the Teac but was notified they were back ordered for three to four months
            so I cancelled and ordered the Mytek. I am in the breakin process for now. I use my Audio Note setup for redbook and am using the laptop mytek for Hi rez and DSD downloads. Would like to
            have you over to give a listen. I am open this Saturday but am competing in the senior
            Olympics on Sunday. Let me know when you want to come over. Anybody else that wants
            to hear this stuff you are welcome. Just contact me
            Alan

            Sent from Windows Mail