Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: A great Russian power tube

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hey guys are you talking about the 6P3S-E   I have a
      quad of these that I used to use in my VTL ST-85 in place of
      EL-34's If anybody would like to play with them let me
      know. I eventually went to Shanguang Treasure 6CA7's which
      is the best yet but very pricy
      Alan

      The sound became fuller: better bass, more "lit from within" warmth in the midrange, more frequency output across the range. More coherence, too. The SED 6L6GCs I was using before were slightly bright and tizzy.

      > MC30's have always had a magical midrange. I think that is there true claim to fame. So how do the new tubes add to this? more liquid mids, more highs, more lows, better balance, etc...

    • the_matching_mole
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7, 2011
        Yup. 6N3CE = 6P3S-E.

        I wonder how your Lowthers would sound with my MC30s with 6P3Ss in them.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2011
          What would I do with all that excess power
          Remember I am driving them with a 2-1/2W amp
          I have used my VTL's on them and they sound very nice
          Alan