March 2013 Pictures Posted

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25, 2013
      If you missed the March meeting, oh well, it was a very good one. We had the brand new PS Audio Power Base for demonstration. After we conducted our tests with a variety of equipment we also called PS Audio CEO Paul McGowan and he answered questions for us as well as describing the development of this product. It's always fun to ask the CEO questions about their products...right? Anyway, all members could hear differences, although there were a variety of opinions about what the item was doing. Suffice to say some of us liked it a lot, others did not. What else is new when evaluating a product? Personally, I was impressed.

      Matt also elaborated a bit on the upcoming meeting in April that will be held at John's house. More to follow on that event. Also, it was decided that our subject for May will be digital audio. Don was brave enough to volunteer to lead that meeting and we will bring laptops and/or download some hi res files from HD Tracks or other sources? Or maybe Don has other ideas, we shall see. I have already been offered a portable digital hi res player from IRiver that we may have to demo at that meeting.

      Enjoy the photos.
      Bob
    • alanhendler@att.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 25, 2013
        Bob,
        I also should have by that meeting the Teac UD-501 which
        can play DSD downloads. I will try to download some
        DSD files to my laptop for the meeting
        Alan

        Sent from Windows Mail

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 25, 2013
          That would be interesting, I have never heard a true DSD file.

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 25, 2013
            I hope you are successful as I've not heard a DSD file playback .  Joe

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2013
              I have played back a few free DSD downloads on my laptop and they sounded very good, but really not any better than a good Redbook song. Have not played them on any of my home systems, so they may sound better over a good set of speakers compared to my IEM's at work.

              Don
              ---- Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote:
              > I hope you are successful as I've not heard a DSD file playback .  Joe

            • the_matching_mole
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
              • Joseph Lopez
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 28, 2013
                  That's awesome, I just bought a 103, loving it so far!