DSD streaming

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 9:48 PM
      Hey guys
      Is anybody streaming HiRez DSD files from a PC
      using Windows 8? If so what player software are you
      using?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 22 4:33 PM
        Hi, Alan:

        Yes, I have done so on an experimental basis using JRiver Media Center which is what I use to play all of my computer files.

        Don

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 22 5:36 PM
          What DSD dac are you using ?

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23 7:41 AM
            Hi, Alan:

            I wasn’t using a specific DSD DAC; rather, the JRiver was converting it to a very high bit rate PCM, if I recall correctly.  I was just messing around at work with some free DSD downloads from Blue Coast Records and just clicked on them with JRiver running and they played.  I really haven’t listened to them at home as I sort of forgot I had them on my laptop I take to work.  I do know that the latest version of JRiver Media Center (18) will play native DSD files, but not sure about my version which is 17.  Not sure if when using ver. 18, you have to use a special DAC or not, but none of my DACS specifically mention playing DSD files in their literature, so perhaps that is why my version changed it to PCM.

            Don

            Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 7:36 PM

            Don