Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting This Saturday at Bjorns, 1PM

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 15, 2013
      Bob, not to worry. I've reviewed the Powerbase's specifications on the PSAudio website, and the turntable I have should fit just fine. Will be happy to bring it.

      Also, like the conversation we snagged with Bob Carver thanks to Ulises, getting Paul McGowan to talk to the Society about the Powerbase is a true coup! I can't say enough that these are the things that make RCAS a great thing for audiophiles in SA and the region.

      Looking forward to Saturday.

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 19, 2013
        David, I did check it out. Very nice piece indeed. Before you mentioned it at the meeting on Saturday I had not been considering it, and probably would have stayed with the Goldring I currently use. However I always have an open mind when it comes to audio options, and as per your invitation I would be interested in at least checking it out (and linstening to some tunes). Will touch base off line. Hopefully we can get our schedules to jibe as quickly as possible if the above doesn't sound too uncertain, and there is not anyone waiting for the green light to close a deal on it. Just let me know if so.

        At this time I am using the 1042 which I think is the next level up from the 1012GX, which is also a great peice.

        Hey Matt, I was just curious if you had a chance to check out the Exact II. I don't mean to pressure you in any way, just want to see if you were interested because I'd love to make a local deal on it. Also, my cousin has a Goldring 1012GX Cartridge on his table. Is that the same cart you are using on your P3. I'd be happy to have you over to check out the cartridge riding my RP6 and to listen to some tunes. Best, David
        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com From: thudeets@... Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:28:51 -0700 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting This Saturday at Bjorns, 1PM

        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com From: wardsweb@... Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:22:52 +0000 Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting This Saturday at Bjorns, 1PM