Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
      Alan/Joe,

      I'll help with transporation, and accomodation for the the RF-5's will not be a problem.

      ---Matt

      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
        Thanks, Matt !!   I didn't think your car would handle the speakers as they are nearly 43 inches tall /long lying down.  : )     Joe

        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
          Hey, Joe!  Haven’t you ever heard of a “folded horn” speaker?  LOL

          Don

          Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

          To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update
          rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote: >
          > > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and
          monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ...        Joe > > > > > > ________________________________ > > From: Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...>
          href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com>

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
            Why , yes I once owned a pair of beautiful used Klipschorns before I got back to vacuum tubes. When I was strapped for cash, I sold them to Bjorn .

            Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

            To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
              Ok guys,
              I like the folded horn comment!
              Let us count on using Joe's speakers
              Joe, if you can use the jumpers we can then use a single speaker cable
              I will bring my Tellurium blue cables.
              Frank, you don't have to bring your speakers. I was concerned that
              you will have to leave early so this takes care of that issue
              Joe, I will bring my VTL amps which should work fine with your speakers
              I think we are set

              Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

              To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                I still have your Alpha Core Goertz speaker cables I could bring with the speakers if you'd rather , Alan . I have my amps driving my speakers again. Your TS seotl was about the same as my amps with less grunt in the bass. Probably lower distortion and without the hum . Thanks for the audition !!   Joe

                Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Sure, bring the goertz cable