Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

  • francisco licon
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 9, 2013
      Hi Alan, it is an SET stereo amp and uses 2 EL 84's to deliver 4 watts per channel. If you have some time today or tomorrow I would be happy to have you over and you can see it for yourself and listen to some nice music. Just give me a call at 915-309-1678.
      Thanks,
      Frank

      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
        I have a pair of slightly modified Klipsch RF-5's that sound good and could bring if someone with transportation would help me bring them. They partner well with my Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 SET amps. My one bedroom apartment is so small I can't host more than 2 guests at a time and this is the only way I can think of to share my sound with more members .  Joe Bohan

        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
        CC: szaiontz@...
        From: ddisbennett@...
        Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000

        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
          We could use the Open Baffle RCAS speakers as they are high sensitivity.

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
            Is there anyone that could help Joe bring his speakers to the meeting
            Frank has told me that he has to leave early on Saturday so if
            we could use Joe's speakers it would solve that problem

            To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
            CC: szaiontz@...
            From: ddisbennett@...
            Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000

            Steven:

            Although I personally don't have any flea watt amps, I think it would be a lot of fun to see what these amps can do with efficient speakers. I vote "yes" on such a future meeting as long as we have several members who can bring several different flea watt amps, preferably both tube and SS.

            Don
            ---- stevenzaiontz <szaiontz@...> wrote:
            > Joe, perhaps after Matt's meeting we can have the fleawatt amplification based meeting that Alan, yourself, and I had talked about a few months ago. I still think it would be a great topic for an RCAS meeting.
            >
            > -Steven
            >
            > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ...        Joe
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • Matt
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
              Alan/Joe,

              I'll help with transporation, and accomodation for the the RF-5's will not be a problem.

              ---Matt

              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                Thanks, Matt !!   I didn't think your car would handle the speakers as they are nearly 43 inches tall /long lying down.  : )     Joe

                To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Hey, Joe!  Haven’t you ever heard of a “folded horn” speaker?  LOL

                  Don

                  Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                  To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update
                  rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote: >
                  > > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and
                  monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ...        Joe > > > > > > ________________________________ > > From: Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...>
                  href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                    Why , yes I once owned a pair of beautiful used Klipschorns before I got back to vacuum tubes. When I was strapped for cash, I sold them to Bjorn .

                    Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                    To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                      Ok guys,
                      I like the folded horn comment!
                      Let us count on using Joe's speakers
                      Joe, if you can use the jumpers we can then use a single speaker cable
                      I will bring my Tellurium blue cables.
                      Frank, you don't have to bring your speakers. I was concerned that
                      you will have to leave early so this takes care of that issue
                      Joe, I will bring my VTL amps which should work fine with your speakers
                      I think we are set

                      Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                        I still have your Alpha Core Goertz speaker cables I could bring with the speakers if you'd rather , Alan . I have my amps driving my speakers again. Your TS seotl was about the same as my amps with less grunt in the bass. Probably lower distortion and without the hum . Thanks for the audition !!   Joe

                        Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                          Sure, bring the goertz cable