Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 8, 2013
      Alan:

      So if Frank is bringing both his speakers and his amp, do you still need/want me to bring my NAD?

      Don

      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 8, 2013
        Frank,
        Can you tell me a little more about the amp.
        is it SET or push-pull? Just curious.
        Yes bring it
        Alan

        I can bring my Klipsch Heresy's. I also have the small modified tube amp from Greg.
        Thanks,
        Frank

        I'm glad you guys are interested. I can bring my EL84 SET amp as well as a few little solid state amps as well. I agree with Dave in that we need to figure out which speakers will be considered for this meeting. Perhaps I might just have to build a speaker for this occasion. Who knows? :)

        -Steven

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, david weil <dpgdave@...> wrote:

        > Steven and Don,
        > Great idea for the next meeting. I could bring my 10wpc solid state. My 107db efficient (modified) Klipshorns will have to stay home though unless someone has a box truck : ).
        > I'm curious what options we come up with for speakers as I'm always on the look out for efficient designs.
        > David W
        >
        > To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
        > CC: szaiontz@...
        > From: ddisbennett@...
        > Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000
        > Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

        > Steven:
        >

        > Although I personally don't have any flea watt amps, I think it would be a lot of fun to see what these amps can do with efficient speakers. I vote "yes" on such a future meeting as long as we have several members who can bring several different flea watt amps, preferably both tube and SS.
        >

        > Don
        >
        > ---- stevenzaiontz <szaiontz@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Joe, perhaps after Matt's meeting we can have the fleawatt amplification based meeting that Alan, yourself, and I had talked about a few months ago. I still think it would be a great topic for an RCAS meeting.
        >

        > > -Steven
        >

        > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@> wrote:
        >

        > > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ... Â Â Â Â Joe
        >

        > > > ________________________________

      • francisco licon
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 9, 2013
          Hi Alan, it is an SET stereo amp and uses 2 EL 84's to deliver 4 watts per channel. If you have some time today or tomorrow I would be happy to have you over and you can see it for yourself and listen to some nice music. Just give me a call at 915-309-1678.

          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
            I have a pair of slightly modified Klipsch RF-5's that sound good and could bring if someone with transportation would help me bring them. They partner well with my Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 SET amps. My one bedroom apartment is so small I can't host more than 2 guests at a time and this is the only way I can think of to share my sound with more members .  Joe Bohan

            To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
            CC: szaiontz@...
            From: ddisbennett@...
            Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000

            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
              We could use the Open Baffle RCAS speakers as they are high sensitivity.

              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                Is there anyone that could help Joe bring his speakers to the meeting
                Frank has told me that he has to leave early on Saturday so if
                we could use Joe's speakers it would solve that problem

                To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                CC: szaiontz@...
                From: ddisbennett@...
                Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000

                Steven:

                Although I personally don't have any flea watt amps, I think it would be a lot of fun to see what these amps can do with efficient speakers. I vote "yes" on such a future meeting as long as we have several members who can bring several different flea watt amps, preferably both tube and SS.

                Don
                ---- stevenzaiontz <szaiontz@...> wrote:
                > Joe, perhaps after Matt's meeting we can have the fleawatt amplification based meeting that Alan, yourself, and I had talked about a few months ago. I still think it would be a great topic for an RCAS meeting.
                >
                > -Steven
                >
                > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ...        Joe
                > >

                > > ________________________________

              • Matt
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                  Alan/Joe,

                  I'll help with transporation, and accomodation for the the RF-5's will not be a problem.

                  ---Matt

                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                    Thanks, Matt !!   I didn't think your car would handle the speakers as they are nearly 43 inches tall /long lying down.  : )     Joe

                    To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                      Hey, Joe!  Haven’t you ever heard of a “folded horn” speaker?  LOL

                      Don

                      Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update
                      rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Joseph Bohan <bohan.joseph@...> wrote: >
                      > > > I'd love to show my tube amps some time,but they are heavy and
                      monoblock ,too large to fit both on the PS Audio device . And only 3 watts or so ...        Joe > > > > > > ________________________________ > > From: Alan Hendler <alanhendler@...>
                      href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com>

                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                        Why , yes I once owned a pair of beautiful used Klipschorns before I got back to vacuum tubes. When I was strapped for cash, I sold them to Bjorn .

                        Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 10, 2013
                          Ok guys,
                          I like the folded horn comment!
                          Let us count on using Joe's speakers
                          Joe, if you can use the jumpers we can then use a single speaker cable
                          I will bring my Tellurium blue cables.
                          Frank, you don't have to bring your speakers. I was concerned that
                          you will have to leave early so this takes care of that issue
                          Joe, I will bring my VTL amps which should work fine with your speakers
                          I think we are set

                          Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM

                          To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.comCC: szaiontz@...From: ddisbennett@... Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 15:41:22 +0000 Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Re: Meeting update

                            Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2013 1:05 PM