FS: DIY Dipole Line Arrays in Houston - $100/pr

  • fredt300b
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013

      These open back line arrays each have twelve 5-1/4" Sony buyout drivers that Parts Express was selling for 69 cents/ea last year, with a single Vifa DX25TG09-04 fabric dome tweeter positioned midway in the array. The woofer arrays runs full range, the tweeter uses a third order crossover at about 2.2khz. Each speaker stands 72" tall and will require a van, truck or SUV for transportation. With their limited bass extension a subwoofer is recommended. They look awesome, are about 95dB sensitivity, and can be driven by any amplifier or receiver. They are priced at $100 for the pair, for local pickup only at my house in the Western Houston suburbs. I hate to sell them, but with several new projects in the works I must make some room. Two spare midwoofers are included. Please email me at audiofred@... if interested.

      See the links below for project description, measurements and pictures:

      http://audioroundtable.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=16614&prevloaded=1&&start=0

      http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Speakers/132721_kcDVmw#!i=1512196823&k=37hRx64