Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Big Thanks

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
      The one Steven had at the meeting was from Class D Audio(www.classdaudio.com) ; his is only 60 wpc and I believe was made from a kit as most of their amps are available in kit form as well as already built.  I looked at one on their web site that was 330 wpc and it was around $650 already built.  As Joe indicated, they are a good value.

      Don

      Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:13 AM
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Big Thanks

      Thank you, Don. I like the class D amps. Who is the manufacturer? Do you know what they go for?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 9:38 AM, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

      Was the amp a SS or tube type?  I have brought both my NAD integrated 375bee (150 wpc) and NAD 275bee power amp (150 wpc) several times last year; Alan brought several of his amps, both tube and SS, and Steven brought his 60 wpc Class D Audio amp.  I probably missed one or two, but could it have been one of the above?

      Don

      Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:45 PM
      Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Big Thanks

      Thanks everyone for your suggestions about speaker cables and amp. I plan to test cables from Clear Day Cable Company. I'm still looking for a solid state amp, 150-200 wpc, to substitute from time to time for my tube amp. Recently, I looked through Audiogon for a Mark Levinson 23.5. Does anyone remember the amps used during the Bjorn's meeting on or about October or November of last year? Thanks again for your feedback.

    • Strike Force Bravo
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
        I have the Flagship Class D audio SDS-470 amp which is 300 wpc and can say it is one incredible amp. Sounds like a huge tube amp with excellent control and musicality. I have the four channel version driving my Emerald Physics CS2.3s and couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended.

        Dave B.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
          I brought my Gilmore Raptor monoblocks to Bjorns
          They are 250w/8ohms and 500w/4ohms. I love them better
          than all the various tube amps I have owned
          Alan