Big Thanks

  • joaquinmunoz822
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2013
      Thanks everyone for your suggestions about speaker cables and amp. I plan to test cables from Clear Day Cable Company. I'm still looking for a solid state amp, 150-200 wpc, to substitute from time to time for my tube amp. Recently, I looked through Audiogon for a Mark Levinson 23.5. Does anyone remember the amps used during the Bjorn's meeting on or about October or November of last year? Thanks again for your feedback.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
        Was the amp a SS or tube type?  I have brought both my NAD integrated 375bee (150 wpc) and NAD 275bee power amp (150 wpc) several times last year; Alan brought several of his amps, both tube and SS, and Steven brought his 60 wpc Class D Audio amp.  I probably missed one or two, but could it have been one of the above?

        Don

        Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:45 PM
        Subject: [rivercityaudiosociety] Big Thanks

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
          If you've not heard the brand Class D Audio , you should in my opinion. Very affordable and plays WELL above it's price point . Sounds to these old ears like a Great tube amp without the problems or heat & power consumption. I don't have one,though . Joe Bohan

          Thanks everyone for your suggestions about speaker cables and amp. I plan to test cables from Clear Day Cable Company. I'm still looking for a solid state amp, 150-200 wpc, to substitute from time to time for my tube amp. Recently, I looked through Audiogon for a Mark Levinson 23.5. Does anyone remember the amps used during the Bjorn's meeting on or about October or November of last year? Thanks again for your feedback.

        • Joaquin Munoz
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
            Thank you, Don. I like the class D amps. Who is the manufacturer? Do you know what they go for?

            Sent from my iPhone

            Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:45 PM

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
              The one Steven had at the meeting was from Class D Audio(www.classdaudio.com) ; his is only 60 wpc and I believe was made from a kit as most of their amps are available in kit form as well as already built.  I looked at one on their web site that was 330 wpc and it was around $650 already built.  As Joe indicated, they are a good value.

              Don

              Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:45 PM

              Thanks everyone for your suggestions about speaker cables and amp. I plan to test cables from Clear Day Cable Company. I'm still looking for a solid state amp, 150-200 wpc, to substitute from time to time for my tube amp. Recently, I looked through Audiogon for a Mark Levinson 23.5. Does anyone remember the amps used during the Bjorn's meeting on or about October or November of last year? Thanks again for your feedback.

            • Strike Force Bravo
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
                I have the Flagship Class D audio SDS-470 amp which is 300 wpc and can say it is one incredible amp. Sounds like a huge tube amp with excellent control and musicality. I have the four channel version driving my Emerald Physics CS2.3s and couldn't ask for more. Highly recommended.

                Dave B.

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 23, 2013
                  I brought my Gilmore Raptor monoblocks to Bjorns
                  They are 250w/8ohms and 500w/4ohms. I love them better
                  than all the various tube amps I have owned
                  Alan