Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave Power Base has Arrived!

    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 21, 2013
      FYI the meeting in March will probably be the 3rd weekend as soon as bjorns confirms.......
      April meeting date will be set by Matt as it is his meeting.
      Bob

      Sent from my iPad

      On 21 Feb 2013, at 09:17, david weil <dpgdave@...> wrote:

      Don, I have a quick suggestion for you and all computer audiophiles among us for a usb to digital coax solution. I won the Musical Fidelity V-link at our meeting at Galen Carols last year and I've really come to appreciate it.
      I'd bring mine to the meeting but I have an out of town wedding to attend on the weekend of the 30th.
      It's a usb to digital coax/optical converter that internally reclocks the signal on it's way through. The clocking coming out of the computer can be pretty messy so it's good to have a re-clocking device (some dacs do have reclocking internally).
      I got improvement in my digital system's sound quality and it allowed me to run digital coax through the digital coax input in my dac. To me, it's crucial and for about $100-worth the cost many times over.

      David

      To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
      From: ddisbennett@...
      Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:04:12 -0600
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave Power Base has Arrived!

      Hi, Alan:

      Just so I am clear, your DAC is not a usb dac?  And the only input it has is a digital coax?  If that is true, I would not be able to directly hookup my laptop, but I do have a small portable DAC/headphone amp that I use at work which also has a digital coax output.  I have never used that feature before, so I can’t say how well it works since all of my DAC’s have at least usb input, if not other digital inputs.  Let me know if my understanding above is correct so I can bring that device along with my laptop.  As an alternative, I could also bring one of my smaller DAC’s and we could use it for the portion of the meeting during which we listen to music from the laptop.

      Don

      Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 6:54 PM

      By the way my dac only has digital coax input.
      It will accept up to 24/96 but will truncate to 18 bit
      Alan

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 23, 2013
        Hi, Lee:

        I believe that Alan is bringing his Sony SACD player.

        Don

        Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:39 AM

        I can bring my Sony X-55ES SACD.
        Lee
        --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Robert Guerin wrote:

        > Your on don!
        >
        > Sent from my
        iPad

        godzilla56@...> wrote:
        > > > Alan.
        > > >
        > > > Great. Can use all of it. Anyone with a turntable or another CD/SACD?
        Just for
        > > > comparison. Laptop computer with files to play
        through Alans DAC? Lets see how
        > > > it handles a laptop with a
        spinning drive & vibration. That should be fun.

        Bob

        > > > ________________________________
        href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com
        > > > Sent: Tue, February 19, 2013 9:26:44 PM
        > > > Subject: Re:
        [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >

        > > > Robert,
        > > > I could and would be willing to bring some or
        all of the following
        > > > Sony 5400 sacd player

        Audio Note Dac 2.1b ( This has tube output)
        > > > Shindo Tube
        preamp
        > > > Gilmore Raptor monoblocks

        Alan

        ________________________________
        thudeets@...>

        Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >

        > > > Whichever the members want with a caveat.... Matt is putting
        in a lot of effort
        > > > for his project so I also want to be sure
        he has the final say for anything in
        > > > March.

        Bob

        href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com
        > > > Sent: Tue, February 19, 2013 3:43:12 PM
        > > > Subject: Re:
        [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >
        > > > Bob,
        > > > Since the Tentative date for the March meeting is March 30, why not
        switch.
        > > > Make a March meeting for the PS device and move the
        critical listening meeting
        > > > to April.
        think the opportunity for all our members to hear this device is exactly what
        > > > our club should be about
        > > > Alan
        > > >

        > > > From:"ddisbennett@..." ddisbennett@...>
        2013 3:16:41 PM
        > > > Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting
        News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has
        Arrived!

        > > > Hi, Bob:
        > > >
        > > > Although my actual preference would be to test this unit at a
        general RCAS
        > > > meeting where everyone who is interested could
        attend, unfortunately, we already
        > > > have a general meeting
        scheduled (tentatively) for March. That would mean we
        > > > would
        have to wait until April's meeting for our review and I doubt the
        > > > manufacturer would be willing to wait that long and have the unit "out"
        that
        > > > long. If my "assumptions" above are all correct, then it
        seems we will almost
        > > > be forced to have a very limited group
        review the unit at your house. It is too
        > > > bad we didn't get it
        in time for our most recent meeting as you certainly

        requested the device in plenty of time, but it is what it is, so it appears to
        > > > me that we will have to test it at your house with only a
        handful of members.

        > > > Don

        ---- Robert mailto:godzilla56%40sbcglobal.net> wrote:

        If you attended the Xmas party at my house you may have heard me mention that
        Audio Perfect Wave
        arrive in time for the February meeting, but
        arrived today. Nevertheless, we have the FIRST unit delivered in Texas
        society/club evaluation and he agreed to
        question to the members: How do you wish to proceed with this?

        tests and/or recent Grammy voting. Location
        different system of evaluation/rating to be suggested....

        Listening to it and evaluating the performance in my audio system at my
        equipment is set up already and the venue
        controllable.