Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave Power Base has Arrived!

    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 20, 2013
      Don,
      Your understanding is correct. The Audionote kits do have an option for USB
      but I do not have that. All the non kit very expensive AudioNote dacs Have only
      digital coax or BNC inputs. including their $220,000 Dac. Audionote believes that redbook thru there
      dacs sounds better then any other digital format. So we can have a second dac or use a
      usb dac instead of mine
      Alan

      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 23, 2013
        Hi, Lee:

        I believe that Alan is bringing his Sony SACD player.

        Don

        Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:39 AM

        I can bring my Sony X-55ES SACD.
        Lee
        --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, Robert Guerin wrote:

        > Your on don!
        >
        > Sent from my
        iPad

        godzilla56@...> wrote:
        > > > Alan.
        > > >
        > > > Great. Can use all of it. Anyone with a turntable or another CD/SACD?
        Just for
        > > > comparison. Laptop computer with files to play
        through Alans DAC? Lets see how
        > > > it handles a laptop with a
        spinning drive & vibration. That should be fun.

        Bob

        > > > ________________________________
        href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com
        > > > Sent: Tue, February 19, 2013 9:26:44 PM
        > > > Subject: Re:
        [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >

        > > > Robert,
        > > > I could and would be willing to bring some or
        all of the following
        > > > Sony 5400 sacd player

        Audio Note Dac 2.1b ( This has tube output)
        > > > Shindo Tube
        preamp
        > > > Gilmore Raptor monoblocks

        Alan

        ________________________________
        thudeets@...>

        Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >

        > > > Whichever the members want with a caveat.... Matt is putting
        in a lot of effort
        > > > for his project so I also want to be sure
        he has the final say for anything in
        > > > March.

        Bob

        href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com
        > > > Sent: Tue, February 19, 2013 3:43:12 PM
        > > > Subject: Re:
        [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has Arrived!
        > > >
        > > > Bob,
        > > > Since the Tentative date for the March meeting is March 30, why not
        switch.
        > > > Make a March meeting for the PS device and move the
        critical listening meeting
        > > > to April.
        think the opportunity for all our members to hear this device is exactly what
        > > > our club should be about
        > > > Alan
        > > >

        > > > From:"ddisbennett@..." ddisbennett@...>
        2013 3:16:41 PM
        > > > Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Exciting
        News! The PS Audio Perfect Wave
        > > > Power Base has
        Arrived!

        > > > Hi, Bob:
        > > >
        > > > Although my actual preference would be to test this unit at a
        general RCAS
        > > > meeting where everyone who is interested could
        attend, unfortunately, we already
        > > > have a general meeting
        scheduled (tentatively) for March. That would mean we
        > > > would
        have to wait until April's meeting for our review and I doubt the
        > > > manufacturer would be willing to wait that long and have the unit "out"
        that
        > > > long. If my "assumptions" above are all correct, then it
        seems we will almost
        > > > be forced to have a very limited group
        review the unit at your house. It is too
        > > > bad we didn't get it
        in time for our most recent meeting as you certainly

        requested the device in plenty of time, but it is what it is, so it appears to
        > > > me that we will have to test it at your house with only a
        handful of members.

        > > > Don

        ---- Robert mailto:godzilla56%40sbcglobal.net> wrote:

        If you attended the Xmas party at my house you may have heard me mention that
        Audio Perfect Wave
        arrive in time for the February meeting, but
        arrived today. Nevertheless, we have the FIRST unit delivered in Texas
        society/club evaluation and he agreed to
        question to the members: How do you wish to proceed with this?

        tests and/or recent Grammy voting. Location
        different system of evaluation/rating to be suggested....

        Listening to it and evaluating the performance in my audio system at my
        equipment is set up already and the venue
        controllable.