RCAS February 2013 Meeting Photos & Misc RCAS News

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2013
      I have posted Don's excellent photos from the meeting last weekend. The only thing missing is photos of Matt conducting the Grammy listening session & voting as Don had to leave early. By the way, the RCAS's scored 100% on the categories we voted on, Best Album, Best Song, Record of the Year, and Best New Artist. While some of us voted differently within the categories, in each instance the majority final vote was correct. Looks like we are a media/music wise group of listeners. I had fun and think it was a good event for the society.
      Many members have thanked Fred (as have I) for the excellent presentation already, so I wont repeat those comments again. It is great to get guest speakers who know their stuff!
      Finally, Matt has blogged about some critical listening sessions in the future. Please let him know what you think and support him in this endeavor. The best way for our club to have additional meetings is for members to come forward with proposals/plans such as this....... Otherwise, quarterly meetings and house events in between are still the policy that John laid out quite eloquently last year (if I recall correctly) on this website. Matt's proposals are great and all he needs is support and help organizing the effort. The locations for such sessions remains to be seen, but I am confident we can cross that road when we get to it. Please read Matt's posts...... I would also like to see more meetings this year.... but it requires a group effort for that to happen.